Previously paired 3DR Radio bricked - solid red, not detected by either PC or Mac

Hello,

I’m having an issue with a pair of 3DR 433MHz Telemetry radios. Previously tested and working fine - solid green LED, connected and fully operational. Picked them out for a new project and both had a solid red LED. I assumed this was due to the firmware being a bit bugged. Tried to connect straight up with the USB - both APM and QGC gave the “Failed to enter Command mode” error and so I shorted CTS and GD on one radio, connected to my Mac (10.13.6) and then flashed the new firmware. Worked fine.

However, on the second radio of the pair, it’s not even showing up as a USB device (the other, working, radio came up instantly as FT231X USB UART, even when the LED was solid red - this makes me relatively confident that it’s not a driver issue, after dealing with those in the past). I suspected OSX was the problem and so switched to a laptop running Windows 10. Same issue, one radio doesn’t show up on Device Manager. Shorting CTS and GD to try to force bootloader mode doesn’t make a difference. Still shows a solid red LED when connected to power either via USB or from my Pixhawk. I’ve tried to open connections (optimistically) with QGC/APM/ Sik 3DR Radio Config - nothing shows up (the first unit, as describled above, would show up and then give an error when trying to flash firmware)

I’ve taken the radio apart and there doesn’t seem to be any contamination or visible damage to any of the components on the board. Can anyone shine a light on the issue?

Cheers,

George