Servers by jDrones

Precision Landing without GPS

Does anyone know if it is possible to perform a precision landing without a GPS? I am currently flying a quadcopter with Pixhawk 2.1, Pixy camera, and the MarkOne Beacon. I am mostly flying in GPS restricted environments and was wondering if it was possible to still perform a precision landing in AltHold instead of using loiter

Thanks

Precision tracking will only in navigation-enabled modes, but you do not necessarily need a GPS. For example, I have tracked a beacon in Land and Precision Loiter modes after setting GPS_TYPE = 0 (No GPS).

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to change to these modes if you do not have any navigation sensor so you might have to find a way around that, but I do know that it will work.

$160 for an IR LED. Blimey!

I believe you can do a manual land by commanding the drone to descend/go left/right/whatever however as I understand it, without GPS it will drift over time. I think the answer above is better than mine but HTH.

Have a look at the here flow - - >https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-hereflow.html

Servers by jDrones