Precision Landing using IR-Lock Beacon using VTOL

Hello,

I would like to ask if there is any way to do a precision landing using the IR-Lock Beacon and a Rangefinder using the ArduPlane firmware for a VTOL?

In the documentation (https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/precision-landing-with-irlock.html) it is only for Copter, the parameters to configure do not exist for ArduPlane (PLND_ENABLED = 1 and PLND_TYPE = 2) .

If anyone knows anything about this topic I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much,

Edward Miralles

Have you tried with ArduPlane 4.2.0-rc1 ?

Hello,

Yes, I tried but it seems that there are not new parameters about precision landing for VTOL. I appreciate if anybody knows something about this.

Thank you,

Eduard Miralles

Then try ArduPlane 4.3.0-dev

Yes, I tried but no news. Do you know @amilcarlucas if the team is working on that?

Thank you,

Eduard Miralles

The team is working on boat landing with VTOL aeroplanes, so there must be some precision landing support it the github master version. They are running it in ignition SITL. Just search this forum for it.

Thanks for the info! I will take a look on that.

Eduard Miralles

This does not use IR-Lock, but it is a lot more robust:

Any update in this topic? Are you working to implement IR-Lock beacon precision landing for VTOLs?

AFAIK it is completed and working

Hi @amilcarlucas please can you provide a link to any details on this? IR-Lock + VTOL.
You said it is completed and working.
Thank you.

PS: Not ship landing.

Hi @pompecukor ,

do you have any link so far?

Thank you

Nope, no reply so far from @amilcarlucas .

You need to test it in the code. It is not released as a stable version yet, so there is no documentation.

If it not that urgent, just wait six months for the 4.5.0 release.