Precision Landing Help needed

Hi @ThomasSFL

We managed to figure out the problem. We were having some issues on pixy cam side. Now we are sorted.

Thanks for the support

Regards,
Nish

@nish

Sounds like progress! Thank you for the update.

@ThomasSFL, Hey, Thomas. Recently, I test many ways for preland, such as rtk, vision etc. I notice the IRlock can get a really accuracy landing results, I wonder whether it can get 10cm error at RTL mode. The accuracy is really strict as for application use. Or do you have any solutions for getting such results landing?

I looked through several flight logs and no I can’t say that the landing just works with the LAND command and not via the Mission files. We have too many good landings with the mission files so it normally works but like in this log sometimes freaks out and we still can’t figure out why…

Andy

Thank you! I have ordered a rangefinder and it is working now. The TAcq or px py values are non zero now.

@Spatz

Great! Thanks for the update!

@Debupt

Yes, the IR-LOCK system provides reliable detection in all lighting conditions, and accurate landings for most out-of-the-box copter setups.

Some of our commercial clients have achieved 10cm error with their setups. However, this requires extra tuning and testing.

Here is a an example:

Best,
Thomas

@Andreas_Krauchi

Ok. I wish I could be more helpful. I still recommend trying the RawEstimate LAND in 3.5, but I understand that you do not want to permanently switch firmwares at this point.

thx thomas… so we need to try this… on my test equipment I already fly 3.5.x and had never problems so far. hope we can soon change our fleet of drones to the new version.

I tested the suggested method to stream the “found beacon” signal to the ground but still without luck… Could you maybe open a request that this parameter gets implemented into the mavlink stream?
or is it possible to read this out via an external pin on the PIXY so we can sens this pin by either the arducopter or an companion computer?

@ThomasSFL, Thx Thomas.
Could you please give me some hints for extra tuning or testing methods, maybe we could cooperate with each other for making IR-LOCK a best preland tool.
Best,
Debupt

Although not standard usage, With a few modification. you can send distance between copter and beacon to ground station. like this

and you also need to modify mission planner. so that it can show landing_target in tuning window
add some codes in CurrentState.cs

[DisplayText(“Landing target x”)]
public float land_tgt_x { get; set; }
[DisplayText(“Landing target y”)]
public float land_tgt_y { get; set; }

mavLinkMessage = MAV.getPacket((uint)MAVLink.MAVLINK_MSG_ID.LANDING_TARGET);
if (mavLinkMessage != null)
{
var land_tgt = mavLinkMessage.ToStructure<MAVLink.mavlink_landing_target_t>();
land_tgt_x = land_tgt.angle_x;
land_tgt_y = land_tgt.angle_y;
MAV.clearPacket((uint)MAVLink.MAVLINK_MSG_ID.LANDING_TARGET);
}

2 Likes

Do I need to set the parameter that tells my Pixhawk to use the rangefinder “while landing” in order for the IRlock to function? Thanks Jeff

No, just enable prec landing.

Corrado

Hi Thomas,
How can i get reliable detection performance in bright sunlight. My PIXY is too sensitive to sunlight. Even if the beacon doesn’t work the “Tacq” is still 1 in bright sunlight.
Thanks!

Good Day @HIT_WEI

Use the MarkOneV2.0 Beacon. The MarkOne detection is perfectly reliable in all lighting conditions. And you will get zero false detections.

Best,
Thomas

I use this one.Can it be reliably detected?

@HIT_WEI

Unfortunately, you have a clone/fake product, and it definitely does not work.

Official IR-LOCK products come from the IR-LOCK webstore. We ship internationally.

Hey everyone!

I’m currently doing tests oh the PH2 with IR Lock, SF11/C.
IR Lock specific Pixy, Focused and verified via Pixymon.
All parameters are set to the recommended, including PLND_EST_TYPE = 0, and PLND_BUS = Internal I2C.
I’ve also verified that the SF11/C is working via the sonarrange monitor on the status page.

Ive downloaded the Dataflash logs, and it seems that the though the Heal = 1 and TAcq = 1 (At times), the Pixhawk does not want to gravitate towards the Beacon.

I’ve attached the log in this post.

Any kind soul have any clue?

I’ve been corresponding with Thomas (an absolute blast btw!).
He managed to look at my bin files and noticed that my Lidar (SF11C) was behaving erratically on top of the weird Px/Py values.

I tried reducing the I2C lines to under 25cm, but no noticeable difference.
Below is my wire harnessing schematic.
Thinking of what my next course of action should be.

Just to make sure, do you have common ground on all I2C lines between Sensors and Flight Controller ?