Prearm RC Yaw not configured

I’m running 3.5.1 copter on a Pixhaw Did all the mandatory hardware configuration thru mission planner connected by USB. What is this error from?

You missed something because for me, it means to perform a full calibration of accelerometers and compass.

At least for me the warning goes away after I do that.

so I wiped the firmware and reinstalled. Now I’m getting same error but in roll. I have calibrated the compass and accel several times The compass is reading correct.

I’m running 3.5.1 copter on a Pixhaw Did all the mandatory hardware
configuration thru mission planner connected by USB. What is this error
from?

I think what might be happening here is that MP isn’t telling the
autopilot a ne wvalue for yaw after configuration - possibly because it
sees the value as unchanged.

Try manually setting R4_MIN and RC4_MAX - just up or down 1 pwm.

This is a commonly posted problem. Maybe it would be a good idea to abandon the default PWM value check as an indicator of “not calibrated”?

This is a commonly posted problem. Maybe it would be a good idea to abandon
the default PWM value check as an indicator of “not calibrated”?

We don’t actually check to see if it is the default value.

We check if it has ever been set.

It is important to calibrate your RC :slight_smile:

I had calibrated it a couple times. so i went in and change the numbers, rebooted, then changed them back and its fine now

This was something that gave me a hard time on the Solo conversion. The Solo’s RC PWM min/max was the same as the ArduCopter defaults. Therefore the parameter file didn’t include them. Therefore it would give you the RC not calibrating issue. So I made those Solo parameters be +1 from the defaults. That way the parameter files has them and they get touched.

This fixed the issue.

I’m not following. Sure it’s important to calibrate the RC but if the default values are not checked why would there ever be an error if the calibration had been done? What determines that the calibration is done?

I’m not actually sure how it is storing it. But it knows if that value has been touched. Whether it is by way of you sending the parameter or the calibration routine doing it for you.