Pre Arm: Compass Inconsistent

I am using a Pixhawk 2.4.8 flashed with the ArduCopter 4.5.2, FMUv3 Firmware.

I am using U-Blox M8N GPS and Compass

And I am using U-Blox 7M GPS ( as my secondary GPS)

Sometimes i randomly get Compass Inconsistent error , no matter how many time i Reboot my FC or Recalibrate Compass, I got same issue,

It’s Always Random, sometimes it works perfectly fine.

What should i do??

are you using external compass or internal???

Using the Methodic Configurator software and calibrate the imu and gyro drift (steps 02 and 03) and the in flight mag fit (steps 21 and 22) after that the imu and compass should be consistent.
Or at least reduce the amount of times that they are inconsistent.

I am using both internal (inside pixhawk) and external ( in the gps)

okhh pixhawk uses only one compass at a time if that fails then it uses second in the priority list

So i would recommend to set priority to external compass and recalibrate because as i can see the pixhawk compass is close to the bed and surrounded by wire and prone to interference btw your gps have enough clearance. Try this method first

If still that throw an error then you can use advance calibration as described above by @amilcarlucas .

Regards.

Can be a hardware issue. You can reduce the mast and lower the compass to remove any movement.

In desperate situations, I fix the external compass to the FC in same relative orientation and calibrate with the FC alone (supplied both from USB).

Other times just common sense:

• Rover or helicopter: impossible to arm. Move rotor slightly to possibilitate arming, or arm admitting magnetic problem.
  • Mumetal.
  • Rotating lidar: stop it.

Disable the internal compass.

1 Like