Power Module with Dual internal Power Supply

mRo Power Zero - Step
This is a renewed high-quality power module standard based on the ACSP7 but with dual internal power supply to improve the stability of the hall-sensing.

The mRo Power Zero from mRobotics is designed especially for the Ardupilot community and it offers extremely accurate measurements across the entire current & voltage operating range with a non-invasive Hall-effect current sensor for UAV / Robotics application and high precision voltage dividing circuit for consistent and reliable measurements.

Compared to the ACSP7, the .5v offset is removed and the current sensing is compared with a dedicated power reference. The integrated electrolytic capacitor reduces voltage spikes which result from longer input cable lengths and higher voltage batteries.

Download STEP file here

SPECIFICATIONS:

Power Module mRo Power Zero
Dimensions 18mmx18mm (.70"x.70") Height: 7.30 mm (0.28")
Weight 2.5g (0.08 oz)
Maximum input voltage 50.4v 12s lipo
Max Current Sensing 90 Amps
Max Current from 5.3V Power Supply 2 Amps
Compatibility Ardupilot & PX4

PINOUT:

If you want to make your own cables and route them to connect it to your autopilot, you can simply follow the order of the pinouts as it is the same Dronecode standard.

CONFIGURATION INSTRUCTIONS:

If you want to configure it on Mission Planner, you can follow this instructions .

Have fun!, and remember that “Without electricity, there can be no art.”

5 Likes

Looking good. I hope it’s OK, I moved the image to the top to make it more attractive when viewed on ardupilot.org. txs!

2 Likes

Very nice and an option to add the following accessories might make it more attractive to some of us like:
XT90 plug also
FC cable in two different sizes (or more)
Enclosure

Gal

3 Likes

Hi Gal this looks interesting,I hope you are well and feeling better with your treatment

2 Likes

Hello, wouldn’t it be better to have a vendor dedicated section and leave the blog to interesting tech project stuff?

Probably hardware vendor section should be described as “support and marketing” so that all commercial stuff goes in there and doesn’t infest blog :slight_smile:

Any chance yo have a photo of the backside. I would love to see how the large power leads solder to the unit.

1 Like

Hello Ricky, the size of the board is: 18mmx18mm (.70"x.70") Height: 7.30 mm (0.28")
It is practically almost the same as the back of the ACSP7
mRo Power Zero Back

Yes has a lot of space.

Hello Corrado_Steri, Yes, I mistakenly put it in that section. I will be more careful for future publications. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Thank you. Thats a great help. I will grab a couple for next next projects.

cheers

2 Likes

Personally i like the idea to attach stuff on the blogs…, its interesting so you can have also an idea about what are you looking for…

1 Like

Is there a part number for the component on the back of the module?