Power module voltage filter/smooth to Mavlink output

I have observed that as of a recent update, the voltage reported in the MissionPlanner HUD appears to be smoothed/filtered, which is a good thing.
I am assuming (and looking for confirmation/insight) that this is happening in MissionPlanner, not the APM firmware. I assume this because the voltage I’m seeing on my FPV feed via minimOSD fluctuates significantly (perhaps +/- 1V) , and frequently triggers the false “battery voltage” warning in minimOSD.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with minimOSD and have a solution?
Would it make sense to put the smoothing/filtering of the voltage in the APM firmware or minimOSD firmware?

Just looking for thoughts, not necessarily a fix at this point.

I’m having exactly the same problem. Seeing the low voltage alarm warning and reading the voltage from osd as 10.1V while only 2 minutes into the flight(and 100 meters high) is not a fun experience.

If you suspect your power module send it back to 3DR. You did put your battery size into mission planner??

Yes i put the battery size in mission planner. Thing is i don’t suspect my power module to be faulty. I suspect it’s a firmware issue. I watched many minimosd and ground telemetry videos on youtube. Everyone has the same issue. Albeit not many seems to be bothered by it.

On the other hand, when you watch Naza’s osd(iOSD? whatever it’s called) you see voltage changing once every second or so. As a result, voltage reading doesn’t get affected by sudden draws from the battery.

I think there should be an option in mission planner to make APM take voltage measurements for last three seconds, avarage them, and send that to the telemetry. What we are getting right now is, APM spewing voltage measurements as fast as it can. Which is causing constantly shifting, inaccurate voltage data to be seen while UAV’s battery is under heavy load.

I don’t think that would be too hard to implement. Unfortunately I’m terrible at C(c++?). So i wouldn’t even know where to start if I wanted to implement that feature. Even if it doesn’t get incorporated to main version of APM, I hope someone can find a way to mod apm code to do what i’m asking.

Cheers
Can