Power Module for 6S Lipo: Product Request

I know that there is a hack to make a 6S power module, but it sure would be nice to have an “official” 3DR version of your awesome power module available.

Thanks for your consideration of this request!
-Brit

Hi Brit,

Thank you for your post, using 5S or 6S batteries is a recurrent requirement from our customers, I will feedback about this to the design engineers.

In the meantime here you can find information about the AttoPilot:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … batteries/
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … nt-sensor/

any updates on this?

It looks like there is an RCTimer 6 or 7S version of it – maybe one is coming from 3DR?

6S power module is still not available but hopefully will be soon. Information will be posted on the site if it is produced.

Hy there ,

After i ordered 3DR Pixhawk and all his accessories , i notice the Power module limited to 4S ( my mistake i didn’t expect that limit)
Now i am trying to find solution of this issue ,because i have a hexa with 6S (8000mah) …but in same time i want telemetry readings from 3DR

I found 2 solutions on forums but i want to know witch one is agreed by 3DR Pixhawk ( if there are more , please tell me ) until hopefully 3DR will make a power module also for 6S , so all of us will not be in situation to make improvised soldering and risk having problems with controller.

1. Using a Attopilot board of 90A or 180A ( and attached a BEC 5V)
    copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … batteries/

2.Just adding to original power module a voltage regulator
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4416

Thanks in advance and waiting for suggestions ( today i will receive my full 3DR kit , so i must make it work.:slight_smile: )

any word on this?

I have made the 6s supported power module using attopilot 90 amp I think. It was really easy, and still works great.

Can someone check this “new” apm power module?

Pixhawk Power Module (APM2.X.X) 5.3V AND 12V 3A NEW ORIGINAL DESIGN! Made in NY
on Ebay.

Seems like it can solve a lot of our power supply problems.Supposedly you can connect up to 7s.

I designed a board specifically to power with 6S (up to 8S), and measure current , voltage:
http://www.airbotservices.com/airbotpower-pre-ordering-send-us-email

This board is now available.

I have a tailsitter aircraft like “pogo” powered by a 6s battery. Any ideas on using the plane version
or the copter version for the pixhawk autopilot and how to configure it.
Thanks, Stan