Position Hold Mode?

Is the Position Hold flight mode functional in Mission Planner V1.3;30?

Am setting up my modes and have Position Hold as an option in mode selections drop-down menu. I am aware of Loiter mode but want Position Hold for my filming.

Reason I’m asking is, I’ve read through numerous older posts where either problems were reported or that software updates had eliminated that mode. Any answers and/or input will be appreciated.

[quote=“mlee5968”]Is the Position Hold flight mode functional in Mission Planner V1.3;30?

Am setting up my modes and have Position Hold as an option in mode selections drop-down menu. I am aware of Loiter mode but want Position Hold for my filming.

Reason I’m asking is, I’ve read through numerous older posts where either problems were reported or that software updates had eliminated that mode. Any answers and/or input will be appreciated.[/quote]

I’ve been using PH over the last several flights with no issues. Now, keep in mind you must have good compass interference numbers (less than 30%, I’ve been averaging 10 or less over these last flights) and make sure you’ve done the accelerometer and compass calibrations. Granted I’ve not been using Pilot/MP to engage the mode, I know it reports it back when I engage it via radio and have seen it on the dropdown in both MP and in Pilot.