Position-based flight modes

I’m coming from the NAZA-M world and the one thing that I would really like now that I’m switching to ArduCopter is a flight mode just like NAZA’s GPS mode. In this mode, when you let go of the sticks it stays in the same spot. When you move the sticks, it flies at constant attitude in the direction you command, automatically adjusting for wind so that it doesn’t fly backwards if you don’t push the stick far enough. When you let go of the sticks again, it gradually slows down then comes to a standstill and stays in that new position. It’s very easy to fly and very intuitive.

Does ArduCopter have anything similar?

@PepsiCola,
Here is a link to the various ArduCopter Flight Modes: copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flight-modes/
The NAZA’s flight mode that you are describing sounds similar to the ArduCopter loiter mode.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Thanks, that’s helpful. To what extent is the loiter mode similar to NAZA’s GPS mode, though? In particular… Can I make very fine adjustments to the position on the order of 20-30cm? If I move forward constantly for 20 seconds then let go of the sticks, where will the quad stop? Can the maximum speed be limited in terms of the max tilt angle or some other similar parameter?

@PepsiCola,
You will have to pose your additional questions on the DIY Drones Multicopter discussion forum: diydrones.com/forum/categori … orCategory
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Okay, will do - thank you!