Poor loiter performance and pitching on yaw

I am trying to get my compass setup correctly. I have calibrated everything and oriented my compass correctly to my frame. However my heading is about 22’ off of true north according to my compass. I tried setting my orientation to Yaw 45 however that seems to change my heading by to much, more like yaw 90. So I set it back to no rotation/yaw. I have tried the compass calibration multiple times and always end up with similar offsets. Always around -186 10 46. Is this offset acceptable? I am comparing it to a magnetic compass I have for hiking but they don’t indicate quite the same direction for north.

I took a flight tonight with the knowledge my compass may be 20’ off. It flew better than previous times but it still wasn’t great. I seem to be getting some pitch when I yaw the copter in loiter which throws it out of position. It also seems to have a very loose hold in loiter and it often wanders a bit after letting off the sticks before stopping in one point. If anyone could look at my logs and help me out with the tuning i’d appreciate it.

Can’t tell you much with the default log messages on APM2.

Do you have a tlog? A photo of the copter? Can you fly with MAG and IMU logging enabled?

In regard to the pitching: is this a Y6? If so, changing to Y6B from Y6A should fix your issue. Otherwise, you must have poor motor alignment.

[quote=“jschall”]Can’t tell you much with the default log messages on APM2.

Do you have a tlog? A photo of the copter? Can you fly with MAG and IMU logging enabled?[/quote]

I don’t have a tlog, I never fly connected to mission planner. I enabled IMU logging in CLI today, is there another option to enable MAG logging?

Yeah, there is another option for MAG logging. What frame are you flying?

f450 frame.

I did another flight yesterday with IMU, MAG, Compass logging. Here is my log. It actually felt good and I tried some RTL attempts which seemed solid. Could you take a look and see if my gps and mag look alright?