PocketPilot , a new Linux FC based on the 25$ PocketBeagle®

What is used for baro and imu? Can’t find it on drawing or text?

Hello Henry,

Baro BMP280
IMU MPU9250

Regards
Mirko

1 Like

Any info on this project? I’m looking at a UAV boat project.

Hello Mr. Poirier, i was using BBBlue, but for our application it seems an overkill, many unnecessary ports and i also need to use external IMU. And it seems that SPI connection is better then I2C.

coming to my question, is the stability of the pocketbeagle eonugh for industrial drone applications? I donrt mean -40 +85 Degrees Celsius, i just mean would it be possible to make a very stable drone hanging in the air in hovering mode?

I am asking this questions to get the aspect based on your experience. And i know that the peripheral sensors are important for the stability of the drone, but the pocketbeagle alone, if designed with proper quality peripherals, Can it deliver very good stability based on your opinion?

Thx.

Hello,
The main issue working with BeagleBone and Ardupilot is support and maintenance.
There is no active maintainer and the code would need a major update.
On of the issue deals with PRU control as it was progrmmed as memory shared and the new kernels (4.5 and later) does not map it anymore.

Personnaly I would not recommand using Linux Based FC as you can get better performance and up to date STM chips that could offer your requirements for industrial specs. My 2 cents is that you will have to pay big price for sensors that have good linearity on such a large temperature range.

2 Likes