Plz help can I use this lipo battery with my APM 2.8

I want to buy new battery from aliexpress. I want to be a good flight time so I thought of buying a battery with a very large mah. I am providing the length of the battery below please tell me can I attach this battery to my APM 2.8 flashed with firmware version .
Limskey Lithium Polymer Power Lipo Battery 11.1v 10400mAh 30C 3S T/XT60 Plug For RC Helicopter Car Boat Quadcopter Parts Bateria
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/XXqKsD2

Without some details of your copter it is impossible to say.

Weight of copter?
Motors?
Number of motors?
Current consumption in hover?
Payload weight?
How much heavier is the 620 grams than what you are running?

1 Like

I just want to know wether connecting such a battery of large mah will cause any damage to my APM,ESC 30A, motors or not.

3Cell lipo should be Ok if that’s what you’re using now but we dont know for sure since you haven’t mentioned any details of the current set up.
The weight could be a serious problem too, which is also why Mike asked for those details.

At some point the weight of a bigger battery is more of a liability than the extra mAh that it gives you, and you’ll actually get shorter flight times and maybe stability issues or not even get off the ground.
More details are better.

1 Like

The capacity of a battery in mah means nothing with regards to “causing any damage”. If the ESC’s and motors are 3S capable then no damage will be done. Connect as large a capacity battery as you want; whether your craft will actually fly with it is what the questions you are getting are directed towards.

1 Like

Thanks for spending your valuable time for me. I have another question also .I have read that higher c rate is always better. So I want to know that if I am planning to buy a 5200mah 11.1 v lipo battery then what is the minimum c rate it should have so it is good for me.

Thanks for spending your valuable time for me. I have another question also .I have read that higher c rate is always better. So I want to know that if I am planning to buy a 5200mah 11.1 v lipo battery then what is the minimum c rate it should have so it is good for me…

It’s not a matter of a higher “C” rating being better it’s simply the max current that it can supply. If the spec’s are to be believed for a particular battery a 10C 5200mah battery can supply 10X5.2 amps or 52 amps. What is “good for you” totally depends on answers to the questions you have been asked.

And if it is 55c then. What will be the difference. I am using this battery for quadcopter. Will it give it more performance.

Reading this might help…

There is no way to know that with the information you have provided. Maybe your quadcopter won’t even lift that battery.

2 Likes