Please Help - Bad AHRS

Attached are the logs of a power up with “Bad AHRS” message. It usually clears but this time it did not. This is a new Pixhawk direct from 3DR and has never been flown.

Please review the logs and let me know if there is a problem before I attempt first flight. The weather looks good and I intend on giving it a try tomorrow morning.

tlog and rlog in zip file

It looks the EKF was still unhappy with the GPS. The EKF has passed initial checks and is waiting for the GPS quality to improve. I can see it had 8-9 satellites but it still looks like the quality needed to be better.
Is your GPS in a good position? Not getting interference from anything else?
Thanks, Grant.

Thanks for looking into the problem for me. I will try a different GPS module; the one I have is a brand new GPS from 3DR. The location is good and the 3DR telemetry radio is about 5” away.

I changed the GPS and now it works perfect. Got in a few flights and autotune and everything is good. I wonder why some GPS modules work and some don’t?

Maybe there are some parameters that need a little wider tolerance?

Your previous GPS was sending to Pixhawk UBX or UBX+NMEA?
Was your previous GPS M8N?
What is your new GPS?

[quote=“flyboy_____”]Your previous GPS was sending to Pixhawk UBX or UBX+NMEA?
Was your previous GPS M8N?
What is your new GPS?[/quote]

I have no idea what that is or how to figure that out. Maybe it’s in the telemetry logs?

I now have both GPS hooked up and it flies perfect. The first one was a very new 3DR GPS with magnetometer. The other one is a very old uBlox that 3DR sold for the APM (no case, no magnetometer).