Planning waypoints and RTL? Headache

Ok, so I have set up RTL on my turnigy 9x (so when it looses signal or my rc remote turns off the receiver will transmit (Failsafe) RTL.

When I am planning mission planner with waypoints (which I haven’t yet) what if it looses signal…Will my pixhawk get conflicted and just crash??

Thanks

Read the WIKI and look at the Failsafe tab on Mission Planner. Is the failsafe setting on your receiver a very low PWM? Like 1050 or less?

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

1 Like

There are defined failsafe functions in auto in the WIKI, continue mission is one of them.

No, my failsafe is saved to switching to the channel that is RTL (Which is mode/channel3)

Thanks.

The problem with that is the FC will not be aware that there is any problem. You may want to re think that approach.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

1 Like

Wait, so if my RC receiver looses signal. My quad will keep flying, in spite of the receiver transmitting RTL?

Can you link me the website to this. Thanks man. :smiley:

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/radio-failsafe.html
Follow the instructions under “Set-up for low-throttle method”.

Then, under you’re complete parameter list look for “FS_THR_ENABLE” and set it to 2.

Doing both of these will set you’re radio failsafe to RTL when you lose signal, or turn off the transmitter. EXCEPT when you are on an AUTO MISSION in which case the radio failsafe is ignored and the UAV will continue on it’s programmed mission.

1 Like