Plane 3.9.0beta4 released

It was broken in the previous betas due to a change in the way we handled i2c internal/external bus masks.
Cheers, Tridge

Ok, brilliant. It has worked well for me. Thanks for all your work Tridge. Paul

This flight control is very small.

not sure if related, but i’ll ask, what OSD are we talking about minimOSD? or is there anything newer?

@Guy_Tzoler support for FCs with onboard MAX7456-type OSD chipsets has recently been added:
http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-osd-overview.html

cheers, basti.

I’ve just released 3.9.0beta6. I hope this will be the final beta.

Changes in this release are:

• added Q_TAILSIT_THSCMX parameter for tailsitters (thanks to IamPete)
  • added KakuteF7 bootloader
  • fixed arming error with trim on unusued RC channels
  • fixed microSD support on KakureF7 and OmnibusF7V2 (thanks sh83)
  • fixed VL53L0X rangefinder driver
  • added Pixhawk1 ChibiOS build
  • fixed update rate for servos in tailsitters
  • set COMPASS_AUTO_ROT to 2 for most boards
  • improved OmnibusF7V2 support
  • support all external compasses on mini-pix
  • clear COMPASS_DEV_ID for unused compasses

Happy flying!

3 Likes

@tridge, camera triggering via digital relay is NOT working in 3.9.0beta6 ChibiOS. It is working, however, in 3.8.5 nuttx. I’m using Aux1 on a cube. https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/9090

@Naterater as we discussed, this was caused by BRD_PWM_COUNT being set incorrectly. A bug in 3.8.5 allowed the cam trigger to work even when it was setup as a PWM output

2 Likes

Hi, I can’t set SERIALx_BAUD on Matek F405-Wing. Can anyone else try if it works for them?

how are you setting it? What GCS? What error do you get?

Mission Planner (1.3.57). Setting it from Configuration>Full Parameter list, as per instructions http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/software-installation/

But I found a reason for the problem - faulty board :frowning: I’ve confirmed this after flashing back INav, board locks up after a minute or so, and stops responding.
Sorry for the false alarm, I will ask for a replacement.

Tridge,

Is the TFMINI rangefinder supported in ArduPlane?

Please see my results in another post, linked below.

Thanks, Paul

Mine works properly with 3.8 Arduplane

TFMINI rangefinder

is that on grass ?

Colin,

Just aiming from the top of my desk to the flat white painted ceiling about 1.6 meters above.

Paul

lucamax,

Did you change anything in the TFMINI like set the distance to either mm or cm using the string commands?

How about changing the RNGFND_SCALING from the default of 3 to 1? That’s about the same as the error factor I am seeing.

Thanks,

Paul

I really want to try this but am getting the wrong distances in Mission Planner with ArduPlane 3.8.5 - 5 meters instead of 1.6 meters. Please anyone who has set this up tell me exactly how you did it?

Thanks,

Paul

张sir,如果你看见的话我想请教,我遇到的问题跟你刚好相反。我在使用F4 PRO V2,用它验证了apm固件的可行性,但近期无论如何都不识别接收机,无论升级还是降级固件,我想,能否手动跳到ppm端?

我记得是有一个硬件跳线要处理一下才可以使用sbus接收机的!

Hello.
I start to use a arduplane3.9.8V3 on mRo Pixhawk.
My RC reciever tuned to send (sbus) when lose transmiter: ch3=1000, ch6=1500.
Throttle fail safe is on in my parameters.
When reciever lose transmiter, it send(sbus) fail safe flag, and Pixhawk go to failsafe with rc3in,rc5in,rc6in=hold.
Can I turn off sbus fail safe flag on Pixhawk parameters, or turn fail safe ch6in(ch6out)=1500?