This is the fourth in a series of beta releases for plane 3.9.0. It is a major release, with a lot of changes.
- fixed compass detection on pixracer
- greatly improved OSD support
- fixed ARMING_REQUIRE=2 support (thanks Marco!)
- added automatic compass orientation support
- added probe for all external compasses on new ChibiOS boards
- fixed arming with compass disabled
- fixed flow control on F7 based boards
- fixed prealloc of DMA bouncebuffers
- added board specific builds for mRoX21 and Pixracer
- fixed mRoX21 IMU detection
Many thanks to all who contributed to this release, and our beta testers! Special thanks for this release to:
- Marco for spotting the ARMING_REQUIRE=2 bug
- sh83 and @vierfuffzig for lots of new OSD features
- @priseborough for help with the new compass auto-orientation code
- everyone in the ArduPilot ChibiOS gitter channel for awesome feedback and flight testing
For this beta, I would especially appreciate testing of the new compass auto-orientation code. To test it you can set COMPASS_AUTO_ROT=2 and then do a compass calibration. If your compass orientation is wrong it should automatically fix it. If you leave COMPASS_AUTO_ROT=1 (the default) then it will fail the calibration if the orientation is wrong, but won’t fix it. It will only ever fix the orientation of external compasses. For internal compasses it will check they are right, but not fix it for you.
I hope this is close to the final 3.9.0 release, but we rely on your feedback. Please test!