Pixracers KEEP BRICKING

Multiple people having the exact same issue after relatively mild bumps that make the fc unusable should be proof enough to have auav look at this more seriously. I have almost $600 burned away between auav and clone boards sitting in my flight box. The pixracer in its current state is just not useful for my purposes. There is no one that wants to use them for competitive racing.

Have you contacted Phillip to see if he can diagnose what sensor has failed?

Phillip was convinced that I was wiring the power wrong. I sent him pictures and all the relevant information I could think of. He stopped replying to my emails about this problem.

1 Like

What power module are you using? I burned one pixracer bacause of high voltage from current/voltage sensors. It should be up to 3.3V I think.

Andoer and dshot have been the two brands Iā€™ve used. Iā€™m not convinced the power module is the issue when they always brick after a crash or light bump.

Well, partially due to the lack of support from auav, Iā€™ve switched all of my racing quads over to betaflight f3 boards. I love pixhawks for my larger airframes but right now, ardupilot isnā€™t as capable as betaflight for racing.

And Betaflight is where racing is at anyway.

To prove which sensor is broken, use this methodā€¦

http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/interfacing-with-pixhawk-using-the-nsh.html

@proficnc - the problem is the main CPU is friedā€¦

So in interesting news AUAV is essentially no more, merged with mro:

I think this is a really good thing for customers - auav customer support wasā€¦ lackingā€¦ but their design and hardware generally good.

1 Like

Agree, Mro has much better support. AUAV is near impossible to buy outside USA.

I have 4 with the same problem and 3 Pixhawks giving up on these until they get better cost to much money down the drain

I thought it was just me Now
I see everybody has this problem they are defective boards

same problem here pixracer is trash

they all brick I have 3 before I realized they are trash boards

Really sad to read this but as I wrote before, I suspect that the problem is not related to the board itself, but the metal case and the exposed connectors of the ESP-Wifi board might be the plausible candidates for causing this.

Where did you get them from?
Did you have them in the metal case, or bare?
Was the esp8266 fitted?
Do you have a log from when it died?
Would be good to provide data, to help vendors solve this, and/or users avoid it.
Iā€™ve never had a problem with AUAV PixRacer, but it has never been in a case, and doesnā€™t have esp8266.

Iā€™ve had plastic auav cases and China metal case. The boards in the Amazon pixracers are identical from the ones bought in auav store, just much cheaper. The problem has been brought up over and over to the people at auav. The most effort put towards it was to claim I wasnā€™t wiring it properly. Your best bet is just to never buy another pixracer.

I think the majority of problems is with people attempting to use them for racing. Something as simple as hitting a gate caused me to be unable to even connect over usb.

After my 2nd pixracer i never used the esp8266 again, suspecting the same issue. Four more went down the drain before I finally bought a betaflight all in one.

Honestly I was able to create a case that was isolated enough to keep the board alive in a minor crash. I may use it on a future small auto mission aircraft, but never again on an fpv racer

1 Like