Pixracer V1.0 autopilot bricked?

Hello,
I just bought a used Pixracer. I’m new to Ardupilot and I don’t know where to start.

I tried all three ground stations software and got the same result:
For example, in the Firmware tab of QGroundControl I see:
Found device: ArduPilot ChibiOS
Error: Get Board Info: Sync: Send Command: Get Command Response: Timeout waiting for bytes to be available
Upgrade canceled

Should I try to set the card in DFU mode? (if there is a way to do that??? :slight_smile: )

Do you think the card can be repaired or is it bricked?

The card was working the last time it was used, but it was several years ago…

On the pixhawk there is a sdcard with log files on it, but I don’t know how to read thoses .bin files.

In the mission planner logs I have found:

“-----------------------------------------------------”
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:556 - "portName: “COM9"”
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:557 - "systemLocation: “\\.\COM9"”
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:558 - “description: “STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port””
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:559 - “manufacturer: “STMicroelectronics.””
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:560 - "serialNumber: “0X8000000"”
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:561 - “vendorIdentifier: 1155”
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:562 - “productIdentifier: 22336”
[D] at D:\a\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol\src\comm\LinkManager.cc:602 - "Skipping existing autoconnect “\\.\COM9"”*

Can someone help me??

Thank you in advance!! :slight_smile:

https://ardupilot.org/ardupilot/

Thank you very much @lida2003

…but nowhere is there any mention of pixracer on this site, even less of pixracer not recognized by the grounds stations.

To thank you for your help I’ll teach you something:

try “site:ardupilot.org/ardupilot pixracer” in google

Ardupilot supports pixracer:
https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/stable-4.5.5/

Followed above links, you will find link to upgrade firmware:
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-loading-firmware-onto-chibios-only-boards.html

Thank you very much!!!

well, I followed the instructions on the site and it seems that I really need to reflash my pixracer, but as it does not communicate with anyone I have to switch to dfu mode, on the pixracer there is no reset button.

How can I be sure if I need to reset the card?

Is the bridge solution on the STM32 reset pin the only one to reset a pixracer ?

Has someone tried to reset a pixracer?

Thank you!

Try the simple approach 1st. Go here and download the .apj file. Pixracer

Then use Mission Planner’s “load custom firmware” and flash it.

If that fails, try searching the forum for “pixracer boot0”

Yes I tried the simple way in mission planner and (Q ground station too)

Mission Planer detect the board, download the firmware, prepare the hex file but the board is then disconnected, It tells me to reconnect it but nothing happen :frowning:

Did you download the .apj file from the link and use load custom firmware?

Thank you, I have just tried it:
same result… :frowning:

Thank you, it seems to exist a way with the debug port, I’ll check that

I have a stlink programmer

So it doesn’t find the board when you hit OK and re-connect? I have 3 pixracers, it’s usually straight forward.

yes @dkemxr , it can see the board to initiate upgrade but when in try to communicate the board don’t answer.

which Ground station software do you use?

When I turn on the card, the LED flashes blue and red quickly for 1 or 2 seconds then only red at the rate of the second… I don’t know if it is a good news :slight_smile:

On the pixracer, there is a 4 Gb sdcard with a lot of file on it, perhaps it’s written what the problem is?

Is there a way to check the log on the sdcard without a working pixracer?

I’m NOT sure if this BOOT0 test pin is out there.

Just try this use STMCubeProgram to find the board and download with _with_bl.hex file.

Thank you very much @lida2003 !!

I’ll try that right now… just the time to understand :slight_smile:

THANK YOU TO ALL!!!
IT WOOOOOORKS!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I had to make the good wires between STLINK and pixracer, then update my old STLINK firmware.

And now all seems to be perfect!!

1 Like