Pixhawk2 cable confusion

Hi,

(Context - I have been given a Pixhawk2 as a gift, I have never built a drone or anything RC before, so really being thrown in the deep end, apologies if these are obvious questions)

I have purchased a bunch of components, including a GPS (RadioLink U-blox NEO-M8N GPS SE100 UBX-M8030) and telem system (YKS 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit 915Mhz), which are both listed as pixhawk compatible but the cables appear to be the wrong connections for the pixhawk.

Questions:

1. I am now thinking that the ports between the pixhawk and pixhawk2 have changed, is this correct?
  2. Can I remove the connectors from the cables supplied with the pixhawk2 and put them on the telem and GPS connectors? I.e. is the wire layout and configuration the same as the pixhawk1, just the connector which is different?

Thanks… this has been a steep learning curve, spent about 6 hours yesterday trying to learn how to soulder :smiley:

Hi Guy,

Yes, they did change from DF13 to JST GH.

The cables you got with The Cube (also called Pixhawk2.1) are converter cables - one end is DF13, the other JST GH. In some devices you might not be able to replace the cables they have (if they are soldered directly for example), but it looks like both of your devices can have their cables replaced.

mrwooster, can you add photos of GPS and telemetry?

I ended up cutting the GPS and Telem cables and soldering them to the provided pixhawk cables, using the pixhawk pin chart for reference to make sure I got them the right way round.

It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be - only took about 30 mins for both cables and it works really well.