Pixhawk won't boot

I just received my Pixhawk yesterday and it is giving me problems. When I plug the USB into my Pixhawk nothing lights up and the unit emits a clicking noise. If I use the power module the the small led’s light up except the two B/E led’s are solid with a flashing blue small led and the arming switch flashing rapidly. The big LED is dark. The USB is plugged into the back of my computer so there should be sufficient power. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. TIA

Matt

@Yokomo99,
You might want to try using a powered USB Hub as it sounds like your PC USB current capability may not have enough capacity to power the Pixhawk.
Also, try using a different USB cable to make sure that the one you are using is okay.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks for the reply. I have tried my old APM2.6 cable as well as the one that came with my Pixhawk with no change. And I mounted the old APM2.6 on a quad I am building and used the setup to successfully update the firmware on the APM. When I try to upload the firmware to the Pixhawk, Mission planner goes through all of the motions but cannot link to the unit and the upload fails.

Matt

@Yokomo99,
Try pulling the micro SD card out and reseating it.
Regards,
TCIII GM

I have tried both suggestions but nothing has changed. I even tried a format of the SD card.

I kept on trying and finally it worked I was able to upload the firmware and set up the system. Thanks for the suggestions.

Matt

I am having the same issue, anyone have any ideas other than keep trying?

My problem was the USB port I was trying to use didn’t have enough power to boot the Pixhawk. I stripped all of the GPS and I/O off of the Pixhawk and performed the firmware upload with only the beeper and the arming switch connected. Then I switched to a high power USB port on my computer. Initially I was trying to use the low powered USB port that is usually for the mouse. After that everything went smoothly.