Pixhawk with FAKEGPS signal

Hello! I’m trying to do send fake GPS msg to pixhawk from Google Tango through a Lenovo smartphone. I made an Android app the send fake GPS data to a a bluetooth module (HC-05): when I connect the bluetooth module to my computer, I can read the GPS data using a serial monitor. I would like to connect the HC-05 to the pixhawk’s GPS port. I would be gratefull I you could give me additional information about the GPS NMEA because I am not pratical with it…
Thankyou in advance for your help!

What’s your purpose for doing this? If you just want to make drone loiter indoors, as I mentioned before, fake gps with NMEA protocol is not a good idea, the drone will drift seriously, my suggestion is using mavlink protocol, sending drone #232 msg.
About NMEA protocol, the pixhawk can recognize the msg if you send the RMC,VGT,GGA with the rate 5hz, baudrate you can set in the groundstation, about hardware, you just plug the blueteeth module to the telem port.

Thaks for your reply. I’d like to use Tango sensors to improve indoor navigation, exploiting depth perception, area learning and motion tracking.
I’ve read drift problem… however Marvelmind system uses fake gps NMEA protocol for pixhawk throug gps port.
I’ll try to send RMC, VGT and GGA to pixhawk through gps port.
Thanks for your help!

hello! i’m Chinese ,recently i’m trying to do send fake GPS msg to pixhawk from UWB,but i don’t konw how to convert the UWB info to gps info as longitude,latitude and altitude in detail ,can you help me?
my wechat ID:wl18366112765,thankyou

@wang-rh: did you solve this? Would you share the code used for converting xyz to NMEA?

i’m sorry,I solved this problem is not converting xyz to NMEA,but using the UWB base station position info,the vehicle position in UWB coordinate system,and the vehicle distance from each base station

wanglongfirst@163.com

邮箱:wanglongfirst@163.com

Signature is customized by Netease Mail Master

1 Like