@Andre-K - My need is as follows;
- ADSB - Supposed to be plugged into TELEMETRY 2 - a.k.a Serial 2
- Minimum OSD - Supposed to be only Plugged into TELEMETRY 2 - a.ka. Serial 2
- RFD 900X modem - Suppose to be only plugged into TELEMETRY 2 - a.k.a Serial 2
- GPS - Dedicated port - a.k.a Serial 3.
- LIDAR - e.g… We can use Serial 4 for that one.
Serial 4/5 - Serial 4 is for second GPS and Serial 5 is for debugging.
So as you can see, I am short on ports.
One idea I had was to design a serial break out board for PixHawk, however I don’t have the;
- PixHawk Complete Circuit Diagram.
- I don’t think a breakout board can be plugged in externally, unless I completely redeisgn the PixHawk PCB??
- Over all processing capacity of the micro processor to understand limitations as far as how many serial ports simultaneously can be supported. May be consider a higher power processor?
I see a need for much more serial ports on Pixhawk down the road with embedded OSD for sure.
If I want to get into such development, what is the process to get the community involved as long I am doing all the funding? Any suggestions…