Pixhawk + retracts? Best way?

I am trying to figure out the best way to use my retractable gear on my 650 quad. Right now I have them plugged into a spare channel on the RX. There has to be a better way. I would like them to automatically go up on take off and come back down in RTL. Is there a way to do this? I do allot of auto waypoint missions. If there is not a feature such as this I do see that there is a servo option in waypoints on droid planner 2. Maybe this is the best way? Just add a waypoint to actuate the servo? Like I say I am trying to find the best way. I am new to pixhawk and apmcopter. Thank you in advance.

As luck would have it, I have just added this feature into Arducopter, it will be included in 3.3. However, I would be interested in having some people do beta testing on the code. I have tested it, and it seems to work. I can supply a binary for you to upload with just this feature added to 3.2, if you would like to try it.

Rob, I would love to give it a try. After flashing do I need to do recalibration and such? I will message you my email.

Looks like there is no way on here for me to contact you directly. You can email me at xgenmods@gmail.com.

No, there will be no need to recalibrate anything. It will be totally standard 3.2, just with the landing gear stuff added.

I will compile the file and try to attach it here. I would appreciate getting any feedback on how it works.

Rob, will do. Maybe you could explain what I need to do to make it work and what exactly it does? Probably no documentation created on it yet assume since it has yet to be released.

Thanks,
Wes

Rob,

Not sure if it matters on the compile or not but I am running a pixhawk.

Thanks

I have a pixhawk based, dragonfly 700 with tali-500 retracts attached and would be willing to test this code as well…

Rob, any progress on the build? Eager to give it a try.

Thanks

I would also be interested in controlling my retracts with the Pixhawk. Where can we get the code for doing so?

Matt

[quote=“Rob_Lefebvre”]No, there will be no need to recalibrate anything. It will be totally standard 3.2, just with the landing gear stuff added.

I will compile the file and try to attach it here. I would appreciate getting any feedback on how it works.[/quote]

Just to add to the requests, I’d love to test this with my Tarot 650 Sport when you feel the code is ready for that.

Thanks!

I would be very interested in this solution as well. Is there an interim solution that will allow me to control the retracts via the Pixhawk and a switch on my transmitter? or do I need to skip the Pixhawk all together and just use the receiver. I am using Taranis, Frsky x8r (D16 Mode 4) and PPM connect to Pixhawk. I read online that using the servo rail on the receiver is a bad idea when connected to the Pixhawk via PPM due to the PPM RCIN port being low voltage.

Any ideas?

Has there been any action on this?

I’d love to have my retracts work without having to tie up a RX channel.

Would it be possible for automatic operation without having to use the transmitter?

I’ve drawn up a way to do it with extra hardware. That doesn’t sound good to me though.