Pixhawk quad crash, Truncated Log? Ends while armed at 11.3m

Trying to get to the bottom of a crash I had yesterday. The quad (a Vulcan frame with Tiger motors/ESC’s and all original Pixhawk, 3DR compass/GPS module, 3DR power module, etc), just dropped out of the sky after a turn, it was flying great up until that point.

When I got to the quad it was beeping with some LED’s flashing on the Pixhawk, I didn’t look at the sequence or colours of the LED’s. Both logs just stop as if the Pixhawk lost complete power but all the battery/power connections are fine, even after the crash, battery was still in and everything else still connected. Yet the quad dropped like a stone breaking three carbon props and damaging one motor.

Perplexing!!

Hi Graham,

This sure sounds like a brownout or power issue. You probably saw/heard the pixhawk rebooting. Have you checked all of your connections?

Dan

Hi Dan, that’s the odd thing, all power cables and wires are fine, I’ve checked and double checked them structurally, and electrically with a continuity tester. I can’t understand it but have shelved that quad and Pixhawk for a while. Can’t have things dropping out the sky like that!