Pixhawk PID's for Skyhero Spyder 850 X4 config

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone that flies a Skyhero Spyder 850 with Pixhawk could share their PID’s. Having not much luck with autotune. Pixhawk is at the CG on this particular frame. Battery has been positioned right at CG, but the yaw is very sensitive, it wobbles with any yaw inputs even dough yaw feels very sluggish. Also which frame type should I have selected during initial setup? X or V frame? Will it make a difference?
Thank you,
Jose

It looks from the product info on your frame that it is definitely a “V” frame. Since the frame geometry is so basic, if you change it, you should reset all Mission Planner params and then recalibrate everything on the pixhawk.

Despite the looks, it’s an X frame. The distance between motors is symmetrical if you measure it, and the CG is located just in front of the canopy pin (in the spider’s “butt”) exactly at the motors diagonal crossing.

I have a Spyder 700 configured as X8, but I’m not sure I trust my PIDs after updating to 3.3. And I haven’t been able to autotune it, because of battery issues (not enough air time, even for one axis). Still, I’ll check it during the week (don’t have it at home).

Silva correct me im wrong, I thought that a symmetrical frame (like an X frame) meant that the distance from the CG point to each motor was the same for all four motors. If the is the case, then the Skyhero is define to an asymmetrical frame. Not sure if my reasoning is correct . Anyway I did recalibrated selecting a “V” frame and now it flies much better. I did however performed a manual tune. Now I’m currently trying to get vibrations to acceptable levels. Actually it’s the “Z” axis vibrations that I can’t seem to figure out.

FWithout measuring the actual frame, it looks to me that the distance between a front motor and a rear motor on the same side is bigger than the distance between the left motor and the right motor at the rear.
On an X frame, these distances would be equal.[quote=“tsfsilva, post:3, topic:9063, full:true”]
Despite the looks, it’s an X frame. The distance between motors is symmetrical if you measure it, and the CG is located just in front of the canopy pin (in the spider’s “butt”) exactly at the motors diagonal crossing.

I have a Spyder 700 configured as X8, but I’m not sure I trust my PIDs after updating to 3.3. And I haven’t been able to autotune it, because of battery issues (not enough air time, even for one axis). Still, I’ll check it during the week (don’t have it at home).

[/quote]