Pixhawk external LED availability

I²C. You will also need to use the I²C bus board.

I²C. You will also need to use the I²C bus board.[/quote]

you mean this
store.3drobotics.com/products/i … -traslator

or this [ see pic ] that came with the pixhawk?

I don’t suppose you know where I could get a schematic? Thx

Even IRIS users could do with a better external LED option, it’s very weak compared to the LED unit in the Naza for example, the IRIS LED is probably not helped with the plastic used over the LED which is acting like a diffuser.

[quote=“govsux”]or this [ see pic ] that came with the pixhawk?

I don’t suppose you know where I could get a schematic? Thx[/quote]

The one in the pic. Schematic of what? The LED?

Here’s photos of the LED through my 3rd hand with magnifier…
[color=#FF0000]Warning: HUGE photos![/color]

[attachment=1]FILE0003.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]FILE0004.JPG[/attachment]

StefanG Thanks. also… where did you get that?! :astonished:

NP. I got it from 3DR, together with my Pixhawk test kit. As far as I understand, that IS the LED which is in the IRIS. I find it perversely bright, especially, considering it’s size.

Lucky you. Us ordinary people have to wait till the Chinese hopefully start selling them - 3DR keep stubbornly piling them up for their IRIS :cry:

Guys, seriously!!!

With just 20 seconds googling I found this:
groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … Ulb79LeMCs

Which tells that the LED is a normal high current RGB-LED (Omron LRTBG6SG-U4AA-1+V2B4-25+S)
Buy here: fi.mouser.com/ProductDetail/OSRA … Q%252b4Q==

with a Toshiba TCA62724 driving circuit.
Datasheet: toshiba.com/taec/components2 … _21212.pdf
Buy here: digikey.ca/product-detail/en … ND/1730146

A bit less whining and a bit more initiative, PLEASE!

Stefan, thanks for your valuable input on how to fabricate one ourselves.

This is the 3DR moderated Pixhawk hardware forum. We would like to BUY from 3DR the I2C LED that 3DR marketing promised months ago along with the Pixhawk.

Quite funny to read that the Devs decided to not implement external LED on the Aux pins - because they also
thought that it would make more sense to use the “purchaseable” I2C one
diydrones.com/group/arducopterus … ent1627545

Actually, to my understanding, the I²C LED works with the APM too :slight_smile:. Some new signalling lib.

Look for a Pixhawk Peripherral kit for sale in the store next week

store.3drobotics.com/products/p … pheral-kit

This kit includes external LED and USB modules to connect to Pixhawk. Use the provided four-position DF13 cables and connect to the I2C splitter module to set up a bright, multicolor LED and convenient USB port for your vehicle.

Includes:

• External USB module
  • External LED module
  • Two four-position DF13 cables

Look at this:
goodluckbuy.com/apm-px4-pixh … l-led.html
:smiley:

Hallelujah. Thanks Craig !

And another with also the USB extension:
goodluckbuy.com/pixhawk-rgb- … oller.html

[quote=“Craig3DR”]Look for a Pixhawk Peripherral kit for sale in the store next week

store.3drobotics.com/products/p … pheral-kit

This kit includes external LED and USB modules to connect to Pixhawk. Use the provided four-position DF13 cables and connect to the I2C splitter module to set up a bright, multicolor LED and convenient USB port for your vehicle.

Includes:

• External USB module
  • External LED module
  • Two four-position DF13 cables
[/quote]

I got an email today saying this was back in stock but when I go to the 3DR site to purchase it, it says there are 50 in stock but “This product is not available for purchase”…

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/pixhawk-peripheral-kit

Yea I got that notice too. Couldn’t find it at all. I got mine here from the mention of it above.
goodluckbuy.com/index.php?ta … 055&y=-135

They have it working now. Just ordered mine. They have 42 left. Get’em while their hot!

I just got mine and got it working through i2c expander, but it seems that it switches the onboard LED off, ie. you can’t have both at once. Seems a bit unnecessary, maybe a future firmware will fix this.

That is to reduce power consumption and power flow through the Pixhawk (heat). And probably, the assumption is that you have the Pixhawk inside a closed compartment when yo use an external LED. More than 1 external LED works fine, though :slight_smile:.

I have the external LED, airspeed sensor and compass all connected to the IC2 splitter board, they all work fine.
I have added the external USB to the IC2 spliter board as well, this powers the PixHawk but I am not able to connect via MavLink to download log files?
Has any body managed this?

Thanks,
Keith,