Pixhawk Crashes Quad when in RTL

I am having a problem with my quad. When I turn on RTL mode the quad goes up to its 10m alt(that is what it should do) then pitches to the left and moves at app. 30 mph past the landing site and then crashes into the ground after decreasing in altitude. The logs I could find from the crash are attached.

The GPS is not functioning; HDOP is 100. Needs to be <2. RTL is a GPS dependent mode.

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/rtl-mode/

luke,

How were you able to arm the quad with the GPS not working? If you disabled the GPS prearm check then you should not rely on anything GPS dependent to work later. Only use Stabilize and Alt hold if your GPS is not working or uncertain.

If you don’t understand these concepts you better do a lot more reading.

If you don’t know where to look just ask.

I passed the prearm checks with no problems and I haven’t disabled the gps checks. I’ve read through the pages for RTL but still I don’t understand what is wrong. Also when I fly the quad in loiter mode it begins to fly away at about a 30 degree angle high speed away from its former position. So far I have had no luck with any of the autonomous modes and don’t want to fly it until I can figure out the problem. Regarding the HDOP, I will be going to pick up a gps mast today instead of my former plastic bracket…
Thanks,

[quote=“FullScalePilot2”]The GPS is not functioning; HDOP is 100. Needs to be <2. RTL is a GPS dependent mode.
[/quote]

Where are you seeing that? I’m seeing an HDOP around 1.5 which is very good in the flash log.

Luke, here’s what I see:

1. Rate PID tuning is a bit weak. Not critical, but could be better.

2. Vibrations look very good.

3. How are your mag’s oriented? I see that the MagX on both look good, almost the same. (and all are low noisy by the way, which is good) but the MagY and MagZ are mirror images between the internal and external. I’m not sure that should be like that. Your Compass_Orient param is 8, which means the compass is 180, indicating it is Roll_180. That explains the Mag readings. Do you really have it upside down? I think you have this set up wrong.

4. This is the 3.2 Forum, but you’re using 3.1.5. There is no EKF data, so that’s not helpful.

Tlogs

[quote=“Rob_Lefebvre”][quote=“FullScalePilot2”]The GPS is not functioning; HDOP is 100. Needs to be <2. RTL is a GPS dependent mode.
[/quote]Where are you seeing that? I’m seeing an HDOP around 1.5 which is very good in the flash log.
[/quote]

Thanks for showing me that I am in the wrong forum. My bad, I uploaded the wrong files to the forum…
Thanks for all your help.
L