Pixhawk Arms with Mission Planner Not with RC

Trying to get this figured out…if anyone knows the fix it would be appreciated.

ESC’s are calibrated and also calibrated with Pixhawk.

RC is calibrated in Mission Planner BUT during the Pre-Arm check I get the message that RC IS NOT CALIBRATED and Pixhawk flashes yellow even though the rc calibration is completed. To test this I disabled the rc check in the pre-arm sequence. With that done we pass the pre-arm check and get a green light. Hurray right? Almost. I can arm the quadcopter using Mission Planner, but can not arm with the rc. However, once the copter is armed in Mission Planner, I can throttle up with the radio.

At this point all flight modes are set to stabilize.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

@Dener,
Please provide a data flash log to help troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

@TCIII How do I do that?

@Dener,
Wiki http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-downloading-and-analyzing-data-logs-in-mission-planner/
Regards,
TCIII GM

I think these are the files…please let me know if they are incorrect.

@TCIII Today things get more interesting. Radio calibration done in Mission Planner/Pixhawk from a desktop PC and a laptop yields night and day results. Go figure??? :slight_smile: The log file that I sent in my previous post was taken from the Mission Planner setup/config on a ThinkPad laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz with 3 GB RAM. The tx/rx is a Turnigy 9X with stock firmware (no mixes) and a ppm encoder and of course the Pixhawk flight controller. The r/c calibration readings were this:
Ch1 916 | 1499
Ch2 900 | 1340
Ch3 899 | 1412
Ch4 899 | 1499
Ch5 904 | 1402
Ch6 900 | 1409
Ch7 905 | 1499
Ch8 981 | 1471

Today I set up Mission Planner on a desktop PC rather than a laptop. The PC is a Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 SP1 with an Intel i5 chip 3.20GHz 8GB RAM. All hardware and setups are exactly the same as far as the Pixhawk powered quadcopter and radio. The r/c calibration readings are very different! Here they are:
Ch1 1160 | 1728
Ch2 1215 | 1793
Ch3 1099 | 1973
Ch4 1054 | 1893
Ch5 1053 | 1888
Ch6 1470 | 1499
Ch7 1052 | 1889
Ch8 1052 | 1888

Needless to say the quadcopter has gone from a flying sparrow to a high flying eagle! Once the configuration was done using the Dell PC, I no longer get a pre-arm error of “RC Not Calibrated” and I can arm the Pixhawk with both the Mission Planner and the radio.

So here is the dilemma, the laptop is needed for a field ground station…not the desktop PC. Now the BIG question, “Why does Mission Planner/Pixhawk handle the radio calibration so differently between machines?”

Attached is the data log from the setup using the Dell desktop.