Pixhawk arming RC switch

Hello Everyone,

So I have a Pixhawk quadcopter that is flying fine, It was bound to Flysky FS-I6X RC but I just got my TX16S and I move all my quad models to it, but, the arming stick it’s not working on the TX16S, I really don’t know the reason why it stops working, if I go the radio configuration on Mission Planner everything is working and showing responsiveness but no action it’s getting in place when I try to arm with the classic inwards channel 4 stick move. I read some of the documentation[1] but is not clear to me how to configure the RCx_OPTION to change the arming to one of my switches on the RC I would like to change it to a switch I believe it is better and more secure than the stick move.

If there is anything else needed please let me know I’ll be more than happy to assist you. I really appreciate all your help.

[1] Arming Plane — Plane documentation

Regards,

Switch arming is as simple as setting a RCx_OPTION to 41 and configuring a switch on the Transmitter to activate that x channel. This can be dangerous as it’s easy to hit the switch and disarm in midair.

You linked to a Plane doc and you have a Copter.

You may want to try recalibrating the RC inputs for the quad. If you’ve changed radios perhaps the end points of the two are different enough that the FC isn’t seeing the signal it needs.

Thanks, @dkemxr for reaching back. That is my exact problem, the documentation it’s not enough for me to understand and my knowledge of what it means or how to proceed is very poor, so if you can please walk me through the way how to do it I’ll really appreciate it.

Regards,

Thanks @Allister for reaching back. I’ll take your advice going back and double-check everything. I’ll keep you posted.

Regards,

So I found that my yaw and the roll were inverted in the RC, so I switch them and now it’s working. Thanks @Allister

1 Like

@dkemxr, I found the problem, and now everything is working, but I’m still interested in how to implement the arming switch. Please let me know if there is there any documentation I can follow I really appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Choose a channel in your Transmitter and assign a switch to it. Let’s say it’s chan 8. Then set the RC8_OPTION parameter (Mission Planner, full parameter list) to 41 and save the change.

1 Like

This is what I use for Arm/Disarm in OpenTX, it works for both Taranis and TX16S (and probably others)
But there’s plenty of other valid discussion if you search

1 Like