Pixhawk Arduplane CAM_TRIG AUX1

Arduplane 3.0.3
Pixhawk

AUX rails powered by BEC 6.0 V

I have an arduino to control IR led to trigger cam, and I have setup :
CAM_TRIGG_DIST : 0
CAM_TRIGG_TYPE:0
RELAY_PIN : 50 (AUX1) connected to arduino

also set RC9 (which I think is AUX1 ie PIN 50 ) as shutter in camera gimbal menu

BUT in camera gimbal menu, it says "Please set the CH7 Option to Camera Trigger, but this is not available in arduplane. I haven’t been able to find this under Full parameter list.

It doesn’t seem to work, also is it possible to have another option for manual trigger?

Thanks

I wonder if the problem relates to “CH7_OPT” not being available as an option under full parameters list or even under basic settings window.

Thanks

Any chance someone has an idea about this problem?

Thanks

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if there is an issue with CAM_TRIG in arduplane on pixhawk, When I use passthrough it works fine, but when I try an automatic mission with cam_TRIG I am not getting any triggering.

Thanks again for the help

[quote=“eaglei”]Hi,

I just wanted to ask if there is an issue with CAM_TRIG in arduplane on pixhawk, When I use passthrough it works fine, but when I try an automatic mission with cam_TRIG I am not getting any triggering.

Thanks again for the help[/quote]

It works for me. I connect the LED to a servo out and assign that RC_ parameter to camera trigger.
I havent tried it using the relay function. It seems like you are making this a lot harder than necessary. I bought the LED trigger from HK for $10, thats cheaper and simplier than a separate arduino.

Hi,

thanks

an LED or an arduino it doesn’t make much difference, because if use a passthrough and manualy use a switch on my transmitter I can activate the shutter. What happens is that the camtrig dist doesn’t seem to work

Is there something wrong with these settings here:
CAM_TRIGG_DIST : 0
CAM_TRIGG_TYPE:0
RELAY_PIN : 50 (AUX1) connected to arduino

also set RC9 (which I think is AUX1 ie PIN 50 ) as shutter in camera gimbal menu

or something else I should be aware off.

THanks

Are you sure setting the Dist to 0 is appropriate? My planes normally turn about 100ft from the next waypoint.

CAM_TRIGG_DIST must be set to a positive number of meters between triggers. By selecting 0 you have effectively turned it off. Try 1 and you’ll see it triggering sporadically on the bench as the GPS position moves around.