Pixhawk and Minum OSD extra setup / SR0, SR1, SR2?

I am trying to set up Minum OSD with Pixhawk. I have searched around quite a bit and apparently, several parameter values have to be setup in Mission Planner to get the Minim OSD to work. These involve SR0, SR1, and SR2, which I have come to learn affect the USB port, Telem 1, and Telem 2.

I have seen a couple places where folks listed out the values, but it’s confusing because they don’t agree…here is one:

code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

The Arducopter web page:

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … ion-guide/

Says NOTHING about loading firmwares and character sets, nor does it say anything about the SR values…kinda weird as all of that is 100% necessary info (apparently), to get the board to work.

Couple questions:

1. What ARE the correct SR values?

2. Are these values only necessary with the Minum OSD - extra firmware? And perhaps NOT neccessary with the Minum OSD firmware?

3. Are the values the same no matter if a person is using an APM or a Pixhawk?

4. If I have the Minum OSD connected to, say, Telem 2 (SR2), do I need to change the values of SR0 and SR1? The way folks/sites list the values, they list ALL the values, as if a person HAS to change SR0, SR1, and SR2, no matter which port Minum OSD is connected to…that doesn’t make sense.

And if I do change all those values, will that affect other items connected to the USB / Telem 1 / Telem 2 besides the Minum OSD?

Thanks…

You only need to change the value of the Telem port you are using. Sounds like you are using Telem2.

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/config … 2_protocol

This should be set to GCS Mavlink as that is what the OSD uses.

Firmware should have already been load on your board but if you want to make changes then you need the programming cable and the software.

The Extra version needs some additional things set as APM supports setting what values are sent to the Telem port. The original OSD firmware has code in it that will tell the APM software what to send down the Telem port so you don’t have to set those items. Otherwise they would be as follows:
SR2_RAW_SENS=02
SR2_EXT_STAT=02
SR2_RC_CHAN=05
SR2_POSITION=02
SR2_EXTRA1=05
SR2_EXTRA2=02

The numbers correspond to how many times per second to send the information.

Also note that sometimes the Telem port does not startup when powered on.

Do not change any other values for other ports as they are used and could render them useless.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, as directed by someone on DIY Drones, I changed the values of SR0 and SR1, as well as SR2.

Do you have the default values for SR0 and SR1?

Thanks…

Looks like these are the values:

SR0_RAW_SENS=2
SR0_EXT_STAT=2
SR0_RC_CHAN=2
SR0_RAW_CTRL=2
SR0_POSITION=2
SR0_EXTRA1=2
SR0_EXTRA2=2
SR0_EXTRA3=2
SR0_PARAMS=0
SR1_RAW_SENS=2