Pixhawk and Futaba R7008SB Receiver

Can someone please set this straight?

1. Does Pixhawk/APM 3.1.2 straight from Mission Planner support the R7008SB receiver on an 18MZ transmitter?

2. If it doesn’t, Is there a straightforward way to work around it? I wouldn’t mind doing a reflash off an SD card, But I’d need detailed instructions on how to do it.

3. If it means recompiling the entire system, I may just wait it out.

Thank you in advance.

Nothing to add but to say that I am in the same boat (dead in the water) with my Futaba 14sg and R7008SB receiver. Got my Pixhawk a few weeks ago, which as of this moment is just an expensive paper weight. Just waiting around for the promised fix. I’m not impressed.

The hardware is in place in the Pixhawk to support S.Bus but we (the dev team) are still working on the firmware. It will be in beta soon.

Thanks for the update. For now, I’ll just run my R7008SB through the PPM encoder. No big deal, and I’ll still get the telemetry benefit.

This is exactly how APM should work IMO. We know some things aren’t updated, but I’m fine as long as I know so I don’t burn a day banging my head against the wall.

And my Pixhawk 3.1 custom quad flies great. I’ll use pixhawk in my next design too. I’ll order another one shortly.

Thank you for saying that. I wish more people understood. We have to build the hardware and get it out in the real world so people can write the software to support the features. It is not a finished product on the day it goes out the door but it sure get’s features fast once it is out the door!

Does this problem fixed ? I have a pixhawk few months and still cant fly my copter.

I’m not sure, but I’d just buy the 3dr ppm encoder. It’s cheap and works great.

I’m not sure, but I’d just buy the 3dr ppm encoder. It’s cheap and works great.[/quote]

you use ppm encoder with r7008sb receiver or you take it for another receiver?