Pixhawk 6C Mini telemetry data

Hi Everyone,

Just a short preface, I am an absolute beginner here to pixhawk and mission planner but I am trying to get telemetry data from the Pixhawk 6C mini running Arducopter v4.4 flashed via mission planner. I have be searching online, experimenting and looking forums for a couple of days but I am still quite lost.

I am connecting an ESP32 to the Pixhawk via Telem 2 (UART) with the intention to receive the GNSS telemetry data on the ESP32. I have used mission planner to verify the correct baud rate between the ESP32 and the Pixhawk.

I connected the Telem2 RX TX to my esp32, powered up the pixhawk, got a 3D fix and got my ESP32 to print out what it was receiving from Telem2. Unfortunately when I printed it, I dont seem to be getting any data. It seems to just output a single byte.

If I reverse the RX TX nothing will appear on the screen.

Do I need to enable the sending of telemetry messages? Or do I need to be able to arm the drone first? (I dont have the RF controller, rotors etc … with me at the moment but I can get it if I need to)
I am running the pixhawk just off the USB in order to just develop the code on the ESP32.

Any form of help or direction will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Check the SR2_ parameters - they dictate what sorts of data are sent and some frequency, whether some other device asks for it or not. If you have a device that requests the data you dont need to set them.
SR2 because you said Telem2.

SR2_ADSB,0
SR2_EXT_STAT,0
SR2_EXTRA1,0
SR2_EXTRA2,0
SR2_EXTRA3,0
SR2_PARAMS,0
SR2_POSITION,0
SR2_RAW_CTRL,0
SR2_RAW_SENS,0
SR2_RC_CHAN,0

See the descriptions for the types of data contained in each category. You dont want to push a high rate or too many catagories or your serial link will be flooded.
Search for minimOSD and SR
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#sr2-parameters

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.
I finally see output coming out of Telem2 after I configured this

:slight_smile: