PixHawk 6C - How to wire 4 motors Rover

GPS has nothing to do with it. RCIN1 and GroundSteering are active when disarmed.

If you want to arm for testing, set ARMING_CHECKS=0.

Ok, even with ARMING_CHECKS=0, no output :sleepy:

That wasn’t the problem in the first place, as I said.

Why aren’t you using GPS_AUTO_CONFIG? The autopilot will set your GPS modules up to use UBX messages, which are far more efficient than NMEA.

I tested several configs to try finding where is my GPS issue.

But ok, Just config GPS_AUTO_CONFIG to 1 and GPS_TYPE[1/2] to “2”.

GPS_TYPE=1. Let the autopilot manage it. Fix one problem at a time.

Ok, GPS_TYPE is 1 now.

So, someone has idea of where can be my issue ?

I flash the latest firmware : same result.
Is a way to factory reset the board ?

I’ve got a Pixhawk6X and been waiting for weeks for a firmware.
Just two weeks ago support was added in the latest beta versions.
However, being beta release you can’t expect for everything to be working. - My FC certainly isn’t.
I wouldn’t be surprised if your problems are related to that as both the 6X and 6C are at the same or similar development stage in regards to software.

Hi @tridge @rmackay9 @peterbarker, any idea on what is causing this issue? @Hexor is reporting no signal on both the FMU or I/O output with Pixhawk 6C + Ardurover with “latest” firmware.

@Hexor,

Any chance you could post an onboard log file? You may need to set LOG_DISARMED = 1 in order to produce a log while the vehicle is armed.

I suspect the issue may be that BRD_SAFETYENABLE needs to be set to zero but a log file would help me be more sure.

Nice !!
If I set BRD_SAFETYENABLE = 0 : output signal is OK !

but it is normal to set this parameter to 0 ?

(EDIT : I flash the ArduRover 4.2.3 / No signal / I set safetyenable / Signal OK )

@Hexor,

OK, great news. My guess is that we need to update this board’s hwdef file so that the BRD_SAFETYENABLE parameter is defaulted to zero. I assume it doesn’t have a safety switch embedded in the GPS/compass?

Exactly, no safety switch on this setup.

So I just need to let the BRD_SAFETYENABLE to 0 ? There is no security issue in this situation ?

@Hexor,

No. If there’s no safety switch on the GPS/compass then that parameter must be set to zero.

I checked with Holybro and they said that when sold as a set it normally has a safety switch on the GPS/compass but they are going to consider whether they’d like the AP defaults changed (for this board) so that the parameter defaults to zero.