Pixhawk 3.15 crash log help

Pixhawk w/ 3.15 software.
550mm quad w/ plush 30amp esc & tmotor 2216 900kv motors with 10" props.
4s 5000 mah battery. Futaba 8fg radio. Sbus connection. Power conntector with 5v to backup rails.

1st try at mapping flight. Short 4 1/2 minute grid flight out in country over grape vines.

Manually launched, went to loiter then auto, mission flew as expected.
Quad returned then lowered to about 30 feet and paused.

I then switched to loiter, turned about 180 degrees. All good to here.

I then wanted to go to stabilize or maybe att hold to land. (using 2 swtiches for 6 flight modes and I think I may have gone from auto to loiter (all good to here) and then when going to att hold went through auto and the quad started flying towards the first waypoint, I think what happened next was I think as I flipped switch to att hold, quad just shut down and dropped out of the sky.

I’m just learning, so do not really now how to read the logs and would appreciate some help. I sent logs to 3dRobotics, but they have not told me anything other than it appears a problem with auto and the brownout. Still waiting.

Little damage to quad except gps pulled away and the wire to gps pulled socket out of Pixhawk so that is toast. Or at least it won’t be flying with gps.

New Pixhawk on quad using all original crash equipment. Maybe 20 flights since using 3.2 rc 4.

Thanks in advance for any log help.

Hope I’ve attached the correct files.

While in auto mode, you reduced throttle to zero:
(line, 39787) RCIN.Chan3=1094 and your RC3_MIN=1094

Line 40293; you switched to Stabilize.

• What does a throttle stick that is all the way down do in stabilize mode ? :slight_smile: - yes, you did shut stop the motors when you switched from a AUTO mode, to one that gives you the authority to stop motors.

You could set a higher MOT_SPIN_ARMED - that would help a bit in a case like this.

It’s a pity with the reply you got from 3DR, it’s just wrong . There were no browout until it hit the ground because of zero throttle. (you can verify that by graphing altitude and seeing RCOUT.Chan1-4)

I was wondering if something as you described might have happened as I think I over-reacted when I expected it to land and it started flying off…

I am a bit confused though on the throttle off. When I land in stabilize, my motors are still spinning. It takes 3-4 seconds to shut the motors down with my throttle down and left.

Are you saying that once I zero’d the throttle I can’t restart the motors? It seems to me when I land, which is sometimes alt hold and sometimes stabilize mode, I have to throttle down, but the motors are still spinning, I then, with throttled 0’d, have to push it to lower left for 2-3 seconds to shut them completely off. If I landed and throttled down to 0, then decided to take off again, is it not possible to accelerate the motors and take off again in stabilize mode? If this is the case, why don’t the motors just quit spinning at 0 without have to take throttle to lower left?

Thanks for your help… I’m not happy it was operator error or maybe setup error, but somewhat relieved to know it wasn’t a FC or hardware problem. Guess I need some more educating on throttle control in different modes.

[quote=“Andre-K”]While in auto mode, you reduced throttle to zero:
(line, 39787) RCIN.Chan3=1094 and your RC3_MIN=1094

Line 40293; you switched to Stabilize.

• What does a throttle stick that is all the way down do in stabilize mode ? :slight_smile: - yes, you did shut stop the motors when you switched from a AUTO mode, to one that gives you the authority to stop motors.

You could set a higher MOT_SPIN_ARMED - that would help a bit in a case like this.

It’s a pity with the reply you got from 3DR, it’s just wrong . There were no browout until it hit the ground because of zero throttle. (you can verify that by graphing altitude and seeing RCOUT.Chan1-4)[/quote]

I have done this myself and I believe that the air stops the props from moving as it falls from the sky. Also as your heart starts to beat again everything kind of stops. I now pay more attention to where the stick is when switching modes. My copter was close to the ground when it hit and caused no damage. Also the log is not showing a crash event or dis-arming sequence as you pointed out.

[quote=“jfroo”]…
Are you saying that once I zero’d the throttle I can’t restart the motors? It seems to me when I land, which is sometimes alt hold and sometimes stabilize mode, I have to throttle down, but the motors are still spinning, I then, with throttled 0’d, have to push it to lower left for 2-3 seconds to shut them completely off. [/quote]

No, the log indicate that you never raised throttle until it crashed. - If you had increased throttle, the motors would start.
There is one scenario that may stop them from starting during a stop midair: a stable vertical fall, it can spin the propellers bacwards , once that happens, ESC will have trouble to get in sync…

What you describe takes 2-3 sec is disarming, yes, that takes time - and no, you did not disarm. - so the motors would still spin up if you increased throttle.

• unless you configure MOT_SPIN_ARMED parameter, throttle stick all the way down in stabilize does stop motors.