Pixhawk 2 Getting Started

Yes, use the same method as PH1

@proficnc The joke that you just donā€™t seem to get is that everyone that is going to rip your work off without credit will have Altium.

As far as I understood it an Altium license against ripping work off it was not the point in @proficnc explanation.

Today later I going to clone pixhawk 2.1 repository and create a branch for project sources converted to kicad. Everyone are welcome to participate. It could be a solution for OSH issue.

@dipspb
That is great. It will be interesting to see how easy it is to convert. I have no doubt that it can only be good for PixHawk 2 and itā€™s software development if more people can get to view the schematics

And personally I have no interest in the layout. I would be happy to keep that private

1 Like

you could try thisā€¦

1 Like

Here is repository and branch for transition to KiCAD

Currently it has no converted artefacts yet. They will be pushed a bit later.
Feel free to participateā€¦

To keep discussion here not diverted by irrelevant issues I propose to continue a ā€œtransition to KiCADā€ discussion in a new topic: Pixhawk 2 transition from Altium to KiCAD

Hi, sorry if I am low knowledge level, so I do my simple questions
firmware will be needed to flash with first units (link) and a little guide, mision planer itā€™s fine.
The 2 gps inputs, are the second 6pins for previous pxk conectors? and will work old gps on new 8 pin connector input? how, schemes, and it is worth use 2 gps units? for safety and precision maybe?
Connectors, will be availble on dealers to adapt old/other hardware? I mean becā€™s, sensors, telemetry, gps,ā€¦
Intel edison why? some example it will worth?
Thanks, I just try to be ready

Hi
According to ph 2.1 manual the gps with 8 pin has a safty switch.Is it the same gps you are reffering to with the green led on side and red on the middel?

Yes, thatā€™s the same.

Firmware, mission planner, and Q-ground control
The primary GPS has the safety button

Old GPS can go on either position.

Contact your distributor for cable and accessory questions, there are options coming.

It ships with cables to suit the old GPS and telemetry

The Edison is a blank slate! I am really curious to see how the community uses this!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Pixhawk 2 is Shipping!

Thread split and closedā€¦ please use new topics for questions as its much more manageable and aids searching in the forum. Top Tip: tag your topics as well e.g. Pixhawk2

Happy Flying :slight_smile: Today is a good day for ArduPilot HW :slight_smile:

1 Like