Pixhawk 2.4.8 + dshoot ESC

Hi,

I have a pixhawk 2.4.8 (white), from banggood (https://www.banggood.com/Pixhawk-PX4-2_4_8-Flight-Controller-32-Bit-ARM-PX4FMU-PX4IO-Combo-for-Multicopters-p-1040416.html?cur_warehouse=CN)

And I bought 4x Holybro Tekko32 F3 35A ESC BLHeli_32 (Supports Oneshot / Multishot / Dshot), with rctimer 5010-260kV motors.

A followed first the documentetion connecting the pixhawk for the “connect-escs-and-motors” part. But the the throttle does not change the motors speed, and BLHeli Pass-Through does not work.

Then I read somewhere that I need chibiOS firmware and need to put the ESC signal to the pixhawk AUX ports (1-4). So I installed chibios, and changed the ESC connections.

[MAV 001:1] ArduCopter V3.6.5 (d37125bd)
[MAV 001:1] ChibiOS: d2030d88
[MAV 001:1] fmuv2 00340025 3036510D 32363637
[MAV 001:1] Frame: QUAD
[MAV 001:1] PreArm: Hardware safety switch
[MAV 001:1] u-blox 1 HW: 00080000 SW: 2.01 (75331)

Now I can access the ESC-s trough BLHeli Pass-Through, but If I arm the copter, the motors start to spin on the basic speed, but the throttle does not change the motors speed.

I also try to use a Little Bee ESC, but it works the same as the Holybro ESC.

(I used the motors test in ground station, to test the motor connections are in good place, and yes, the good motors is the good output.)

Can someone point me the good direction please? Or show me a documentation?

regards
HyGy

Did you re-assign the motor outputs to servo out 9-12?

BTW- This is in the wrong thread. That FC is not a Pixhawk 2

I think yes, this is the config:
servo9_function: motor1
servo10_function: motor2
servo11_function: motor3
servo12_function: motor4

And I can access the ESC trough BLHeli Pass-Through.

Do I need to set any another parameter besides that?

Then what board is this? On the case it writes pixhawk 2.4.8, and on banggood the name is Pixhawk PX4 2.4.8.

Where can then ask about this board?

Will it work with dshoot ESCs?

Yes, it will work with those ESC’s. From the BLHeli suite disable “Low RPM Power Protect” and try again.

Pixhawk 2 and 2.1 are the Cube. Just look at every other post in the Pixhawk 2 thread.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! It works now. (Meanwhile i killed 2 hollybro ESC-s :frowning: so I need to order and wait…)

I have 2 spare little bee, but it does not work mixed now with the hollybro. :frowning:

Could you make a video showing photos of how you did it in the program?
Until today it has not worked here for me.

What has not worked?

does not work does not rotate the motors does not calibrate

This thread is about disabling Low RPM Power Protect for low kV motors. But, you have BLHeli32 ESC’s, have set the BLH parameters in Mission Planner and passthrough is not working with BLHeli32 Suite?

this no communication to update I use an arduino

Do you use blheli32suite? There need to be select the correct blheli_32_interface, and then select the correct com port then press connect, after that press read setup. You need to see it reads the ESC parameters.