Pixhawk 2.4.8 and BLHeli_32?

I’ve seen and read discussions about this issue and feel like I’m just hitting a wall, maybe I’m missing something, I’m very new to all of this.
Pixhawk 2.4.8
FArducopter 4.0.4 recent update
35a BLHeli_32 ESC
I can’t get the current version of BLHeli_32 to read my ESC’s. It connects but when I do “read setup” it comes back with the “no valid ESC configuration”. I’ve checked multiple posts on parameters

Thinking I have all that right as BLHeli does connect. Most recent thing I tried switching motor output to “Aux” (moving motor connectors on my Pixhawk). When I did this, it still didn’t connect to my ESC’s. When I put my motors on “Main” I can motor-test just fine via MissionPlanner but still can’t get BLHeli to read my ESC’s. I have 2 motors turning the wrong direction and need to change direction via BLHeli unless someone has a different way for me to do that?

I even found posts that suggested trying an older version of BLHeli_32 but that didn’t help either.

Try an analogic solution, switch the outer cables of the ESC

When you connect to MissionPlanner, what do the messages say regarding outputs and PWM ?

9/19/2020 4:56:32 PM : RCOut: PWM:1-12

Hmmmm…thinking that RCOut: shouldn’t be blank? Also wondering if after switching to use the AUX pins I need to adjust another parameter I haven’t read about yet?

I knew I was missing something but didn’t know what. I had my ESC’s on AUX 1-4 but hadn’t switched my parameters to show motors on those servo channels. I felt kind of silly in the end, I had actually watched a video that talked about changing those settings but somehow missed the significance of it until after reading more on here. After I did that I was able to get everything connected through BLHeli, got the motors reversed, changed colors on the LED’s and started some basic flying to see how it does…

Now I get to go to the portion of the forum that talks about settings, trim and stabilizing as I’m not quite there yet…

PS - already had to fish it out of a tree and repair a weld…

Hi PeregrineFalcon glad you have solved your problem. Iam realy new to this have same problem …
can you please send or post your setttings that need to be changed.