Pixhawk 2.4.6 not getting GPS lock

Hello,

I’ve been trying to setup my Pixhawk with my Ublox M8N module, but I can’t figured out why it isn’t working. I’m using Qgroundcontrol version 3.4.4 and I have Ardupilot version 3.6.4 on my Pixhawk.

The Pixhawk has a blinking blue LED, which means to my understanding that it’s unarmed and still searching for a GPS signal, and the GPS module has a solid RED Led and that means that it is receiving power. I’ve Connected the 6 pin connector (left to right: red, yellow, green, blank, blank and black) to the GPS port and the 4 pin connector (left to right: blank, red, white and blank) to the 12C port.

It seems like the GPS is getting recognised: I see this message in the information prompt:
u-blox 1 HW: 008000 SW:2.01 (75331). It also states that U-blox is connected and the baud rate at 115200 (which I changed in the parameters).

Unfortunately I still have:

GPS count:0
GPS lock: None
HDOP: 100.0
VDOP: 100.0
Course Over Ground: 0.0

Any help or tips to detect any GPS signal, are much appreciated.

Max

Are you outside? Can still some times take several minuets to get a lock for the first time

I’ve tried being outside for a little while. I’ll trying staying outside longer, maybe that will help. I would also like to add that I am not able to calibrate using the external compass, only using the internal one. Would this maybe mean that my GPS unit is broken?!31

How did you mount your gps? you must check also if your gps is near a source coz can give interference. Just calibrate again the compass and in case you have the red bar status disabled it and test it