Pixhawk 2.1 here magnetometer

I plugged in the here+ gps and both gps anfd mag are read correctly.

Than i disabled mag 2 and mag 3 to use only external.

Selected 1 as externally mounted and calibrated ok.

My problem is that it looks like the orientation of the mag is 180à offset. I mean i point it to the north and it shows south.

If i move Pixhawk2.1 and magnetometer together i get an inconsistency on magnetometer as if it was somehow reversed.

Is there any orientation i need to change?

Corrado

When you select external compass in Mission Planner there is a drop down menu that allows you to specify the orientation.

Hello, thank you. I understand that but if i have it with arrow pointing forward should i choose some particular orientation or none?

Corrado

Orientation forward, the same direction as the flight controller is regarded as ‘None’

Think of it as a divergence angle from straight ahead rather than orientation.

Probably not your case, but if parameters are set correctly in Mission planner and GPS pug is pointing forward in line with the flight controller, there is a chance that the module itself was factory installed inside the housing incorrectly. I’ve read once on the Pixhawk Facebook page of someone who had the same problem and it turnout that the GPS/Compass module was mounted incorrectly inside the GPS module housing. Probably not your case but if nothing else fixes it it is worth checking.