Pixhawk 2.1 + Here GPS - Yaw drift takeoff (20º)

Hi everyone.

I’m finishing my second pixhawk 2.1 build with here gps (same setup as the first one).

Well i did all the calibrations and everything is green but when i takeoff with the drone he will yaw counterclock 20degree.
Another thing that i having is this message ‘‘EKF2 IMU1 Switching to Compass 0’’ and then ‘‘EKF2 IMU1 Switching to Compass 1’’. First time that i see this in my builds with pixhawk.

Looking further at the values in the compass setup i’m seeing that the Z in positive when it should be negative (and they should be the two with negative values). Image.
Already did 10 or more calibration and the result is always the same.

For comparison here are the calibrations compass results for my other build (same setup), with no yaw drift takeoff: Image

Here is the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iEx61B2tm4bckQTS5G8BPiwtf5_gr8WO/view?usp=sharing

Could it be a fault GPS unit? That would be my guess.

Thank you guys.

Best,

João Marques

Olá Joäo,

Nope, é um bug mesmo.

There is no current solution, the workaround is to reboot untin the problem goes away.

Olá. A questão é que tenho outra build exactamente igual que não me faz isso. Além do mais o valor do Z do compasso está positivo quando devia ser negativo.

Thank you, AmilcarLucas.

Sim, eu tambem tenho uma dessas. Fala com o Philip Rowse e diz que queres o dinheiro de volta, ou outra board.

I’m not unsatisfied at ALL, i just wanna know if is a problem from GPS or the board itself.

:slight_smile:

I did change the GPS and the compass the problem is still there. So I guess it is the board.

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks!

So after a few days testing i finally got everything working good and without any problems.

Regardins the:

• ‘‘Another thing that i having is this message ‘‘EKF2 IMU1 Switching to Compass 0’’ and then ‘‘EKF2 IMU1 Switching to Compass 1’’.’’ - With the latest firmware installed the message went away.

• The yaw problema was because the motors mounts wasnt completely leveled and its gone now.

:slight_smile:

‘‘EKF2 IMU1 Switching to Compass 0’’ and then ‘‘EKF2 IMU1 Switching to Compass 1’’ is still there, the message is declared as info in the new FW and was declared as warning in the old one.
Your ground station is suppressing info messages, and that is why you do not see it.