Pixhawk 2.1 + Here GPS + safety switch

Hey there,

noob question ahead.

I’ve purchased both Pixhawk 2.1 and Here GPS. They look great, but the safety switch and Here GPS have the same connector that plugs into GPS1.

I’ve found Pixhawk 2.1 cables pinout but I’m not sure what to do next. I don’t want to cut the Here GPS cable, but I’d like to have the safety switch, so what are the options?

Thanks!

Plug ti straight into GPS, like it’s designed for,and get a 6 position molex connector for the other GPS.Or…

Get a 6 position molex for the HERE,transfer the GPS connectors, and plug the two safety switch cables into the connector that’s in GPS currently.

It’s called fiddle and play. :grinning:

I think you can also buy a made up cable to split the safety switch for use as GPS 2 but no idea who sells it.

I think I don’t understand… can you help me understand what you bought?

My Here GPS, like this one, comes with a safety switch physically built in. I thought most (all?) Here GPS had that.

Does yours not have it? I wasn’t able to find one on Google without a safety switch physically built-in. Do you have a link to where you bought it?

You suggested that you have some sort of stand-alone safety switch… Could you send a photo? I’m aware of the old Pixhawk (not Pixhawk 2) safety switch that looks like this, and I found this document that suggests it might come with some pixhawks (p4) and that it might be used, but only in the case of no GPS (very last comment, last page) which is not your case.

You’re right @hunt0r, that’s not just a led it also has a button! Sorry, obviously I haven’t read the manual with enough attention.

Well, I warned that there was a noob question incoming :smiley:

Thanks again!

1 Like

@hunt0r anyway this is the standalone safety switch I was talking about. So it seems that Hex (or maybe ProfiCNC) nicely ships this switch with the Pixhawk 2.1, but it becomes useless as soon as one discovers that Here GPS has a safety switch built-in.

1 Like