Pitch is reversed? Help!

My son and I are setting up our first quad copter. I had great luck with apm 2.5 for my fixed wing but no luck at all setting up a 2.6 with a quad copter. Did all the set up and calibration via MP twice. What it’s doing wrong is the pitch control is 180 degrees off. So if it starts to lean forwards in compensates the wrong way thus flips over. The motors do spin the correct way. It does have the correct reverse pitch props. Double checked all that like 3 times. Whats interesting is looking at the HUD in MP shows the pitch is correct. Like if I aim the front up it shows more sky, aim it nose down see more ground. So it’s as though the APM is seeing what’s really going on but compensating the wrong way. I see one pull down setting during the calibration / compass page that you can select ‘Manual’ and the ‘pitch180’. I select that but not sure how it make it apply the change as I don’t see a ‘write’ button. I’m stumped!!! My son is losing faith man you guys gotta help me out here!! Thanks!!!

Compass has nothing really to do with pitch. Please provide a logfile as instructed in the guideline on how to use this forum (the “read me first”-post).

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk

[quote=“StefanG”]Compass has nothing really to do with pitch. Please provide a logfile as instructed in the guideline on how to use this forum (the “read me first”-post).

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes I do know it’s not the compass. I was simply pointing out it was on that page of the set up that I noticed the option to select ‘pitch 180’. However being as apm is seeing all the right orientations in pitch, roll, and yaw, as noted in the HUD I suspect I might simply have the motors hooked up wrong. I will give that a ‘whirl’ so to speck :wink:

Yep… I had the motor esc’s reversed. :blush: