Servers by jDrones

Ping ADS-B receiver data on flight screen

(Anthony) #1

@Michael_Oborne

Could it be possible to show the most relevant data of airplanes detected by the receiver like altitude, heading and speed together with the plane on the flight data screen?

I have installed the Ping ADS-B receiver on the quad plane but I only see the plane symbols without any data.

(Michael Oborne) #2

as a popup on the plane icon? or a list style format?

(Anthony) #3

As a popup on or next to the plane with 3 values:

Alt
Speed
Heading

Continously visible.

Thank you.

(Anthony) #4

Or even better if it is configurable. Like if you want the info yes or no, or what info you would like to see, metric or imperial, etc.

(David Boulanger) #5

I seem to remember getting some information if the cursor is put on the plane icon.

(Anthony) #6

Yes, but it’s gone almost instantly and it means one has to mouse over every object. The info shown currently is only call sign and altitude, but written together.

(Anthony) #7

@Michael_Oborne

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flightradar24free

This is a good example. Unfortunately, in the free version can only show 1 label. But I’m sure you understand. The labels are black text on yellow background for extra visibility. You can also see a small arrow at the altitude showing ascending or descending. Hope this helps.

(Jace McCown) #8

a lot of aircraft displays show altitude with a relative indicators like an up or down arrow to indicate climb/descent, and +/- to indicate above or below your altitude, this allows rapid SA with just a glance
i.e.