PID Tuning Arducopter 2.8 Board

I’m giving APM a go but I’m running in a couple of problems. My quad is virtually unflyable with all default stabilize settings. I’ve gone through all the standard setup options. I’m seeing a lot of low level oscillation in the quad and forward backward aren’t straight, they are at an angle, e.g. forward is a bit forward right, back is backwards left. I’d bet the forward/back issue is just calibration. For the low level oscillation I would normally adjust my PID values - BUT - and this is the major issue - There are zero options for PID tuning in APM. Zero.

More frustratingly - every single tutorial on-line shows screens that just don’t exist. I’m using APM Planner 2.0.18 on a Mac. Does the Mac software have fewer options than PC? I’ll switch if so. Help!!!

-J

@Everest,
You really should be posting in the ArduCopter sub forum dedicated to the version of ArduCopter that you are using.
Also, please provide tlogs and/or dataflah logs to help troubleshoot your PID tuning issues.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks, I moved the question over there. I also discovered that the reason things all looked so different is the “advanced mode”. Gotta be in that mode to see all the options. Now to get rid of this wobble! I’ll ask the 'copter folks. Thanks!

Is it normal to have to wait 2+ hours for a moderator to release posts? I swear I’m not a spammer.

-Jeff

@Everest,
Since this is a volunteer supported forum, it may take up to 1/2 a day for a post to be approved. However, after three moderator approved non-spammer post, you will be free to post as much as you want.
Regards,
TCIII GM