PID Reverse Conversion

How can I reverse convert the PID values from 4.1.x to 4.0.x? Is that even possible?

Thank you!

You need to look into conversion code in ardupilot source and do inverse calculations. If there is none for the relevant parameters there is no conversion.

ok the reason I need to do that (maybe its not necessary at all), I have tuned PID values with the new version, and as I can see the default values of course un-tuned with the old version of arduplane, used on the same fixed wing drone. I want to find the mathematical (maybe) connection between the values.

Fast explanation, what values of which parameter they saw in the log (pitch, despitch,roll, desroll, alt oscillating) and they came up with the tuned value.

e.g. When I have the PTCH_RATE_P,1 , and have oscillation in the altitude, how will I calculate the correct P value mathematically cause I know no tuning was used nor simulations.

Hi @m4v3r1ck,

Have you seen trige’s plane PID conversion tool? PID converter
With a little bit of try and error it can be used inverted as well.

Been there, done that.

I have tried to do that but I’m confused because when I type my Pitch P rate, it changes the feed forward value. Is that normal based on the new PID System or is it an issue?

Yes, it is the intended behavior. More of this is explained in the "PID and auto-tune thread here.