Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

What’s that?

Thats the name that showed up in my radio. But its the Crossfire Micro TX V2 system that comes with 3 receivers

@yaapu

Hey mate just upgraded from an X9d+ to TX16s Mk2
I have installed the latest release on Edgetx 2.7.1 the Yaapu Config script and the Telem screen are both not showing correctly pictures attached any tips?

Not sure which version you installed, but for EdgeTX you need to install the current dev version of yaapu widget.

1.9.6 DEV has solved the layout, now it goes in a loop “initialising” “Loading layout” keeps going around and around every few seconds.

The fix (I should say work-around) is documented here: RC Groups - View Single Post - An Ardupilot frsky telemetry LUA script for the Horus X10/ X12 and Taranis X9D/E/QX7

Amazing thank you hopefully its cured in future releases.

My procrastination has paid off for once. I’m still on 2.7.0 and haven’t had an issue with this. I think I’ll wait out 2.7.1 and see if this works better on 2.8.

1 Like

Any luck getting it working? Having the same issue almost identical setup

I got mine working on Yaapu

What ended up being the issue?

I believe I had my power setting on a switch in my radio. I took that off and it started working.

Thanks for the quick reply👍

Finally got it working!

Radio: TX16S
TX/RX: ExpressLRS
FC: Kakute H7 BT

I could not get it to work. I was only getting 9 telemetry values on my TX16S. The documentation for the Kakute H7 states: ALT_BRD_CONFIG = 1 for full duplex RC protocols. The documentation is wrong. The Parameter should be BRD_ALT_CONFIG. I was able to get all telemetry values after setting BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1,.

docs fixed to correct param name

2 Likes

@yaapu
hey Alex, maybe you could find time to drop a comment/hint on this:
I’d like to add support for your telemetry app to the mLRS project, in the way that the transmitter module sends crsf PT packets (0x5000+x) to an OpenTx radio. I noted an “inconsistency” which I cannot explain to myself, and which I hope you may clarify:

in the ArduPilot code waypoints are send with 0x500D, with the 3 fields wp-no, distance, bearing:

in your telemetry script I however find waypoints handled with 0x5009, with 4 fields wp-no, distance, xterror, bearing:

in the AP code I cannot find handling of 0x5009, and in your app code I cannot find handling of 0x500D.

What am I missing?

many thx
Olli

Hi Olli, actually I support both. 0x5009 was my first attempt and bearing resolution was too low so my next attempt, 0x500D, the one that made it into ardupilot, has no xtrack error but a finer bearing resolution that I can use to draw the current waypoint on the map.
If you check the dev branch of my widgets repo you’ll find the code you’re looking for, let me know if I.can further help you!

1 Like

oh, master is not your dev branch … I was naively assuming it is the latest and greatest and haven’t checked what else is there … stupid me :slight_smile:
all clear then
so 0x500D is what I want to use
MANY THX, sir

1 Like

Hi guys (and girls),

I am in the process of getting this working on m T1-VTOL H743 Jumper T16 CRSF build :slight_smile:

I got the script on my T16 and the tlm seems to be coming in over CRSF (sensors getting discovered like attitude…) but the script will show up as loading for a fraction of a second and then all I see is a “Disabled” in the top left corner of my Tx

Any idea what I am doing wrong and what I could try again?

Thanks a lot for any help and the outstanding work!

…and one bonus question… arduplane shows me the the tlm Hz change and it’s kind of anoing, how can I turn it off without disabling all messages? Thanks!

BTW: the iNav script shows me ardu TLM kind of…

Maybe you did this already but I’ll put it out there just in case: Are you running EdgeTX or OpenTX? If you’re on EdgeTX you need to use the dev version of the script. I think it’s 1.9.6.

1 Like