Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

Thanks Alex, very appreciated!

Still i need this version , because my pixhawk 2mb flash doesn’t work with ELRS 1.1.2 at AP 4.1.1 stable i tried serial 4and5 but no luck

Maybe I assume rc stick doesn’t showing on rc sliders page ? @yaapu

Hello, I configured it as written here and everything works for me, but it’s confusing that there is a delay in the movement of the horizon to the equipment, how to fix it?
Echain tx16
R9m
R9mx
F765 wing

Hi @Ilya_Smolnikov , are you using frisky telemetry or ELRS?

Elrs v2 . Telemetry 1:2 in settings. maybe it should be, the delay is 0.5 seconds

Hi, nothing to fix I guess. 50Hz @1:2 with a 0.5 delay is plain OK.
With a higher telemetry rate, like 100Hz @1:2 the delay should be lower

ELRS 2.x support is in master now, if you use low telemetry rates like 50Hz @1:2, or 100Hz @1:4 you should see big improvements, right now 50Hz@1:2 is the lowest supported rate

2 Likes

I have the same problem. where to enable the CRSF? I have done it in Yaapu config. It it wrong? Thanks

Hi, you also need to enable custom CRSF telemetry with RC_OPTIONS = current value + 256

Thanks Alex, I change ELRS TLM to 1:2, then got the telemetry.

Hey !
This has been an amazing widget,
Had an issue, am shifting from R9M to CRSF , do we need to assign a different port for telemetry , other than the one used for RC working on CRSF ?

Hi, which controller are you using? For telemetry working via Yaapu script together with RC control you need to connect only CRSF Tx, Rx pins. In the transmitter in Yaapu config you need to set Enable CRSF support to Yes and in the controller with Ardupilot you need to enable custom CRSF telemetry with RC_OPTIONS = current value + 256.

Hey ! Many Thanks for the reply,

Am using a F405 wing controller, and have put up a serial port with CRSF on the Controller, I can get the RC to work , but am not able to get telemetry data at all .
The Serial port has been put to 23 ( RC In ) and the OPTION was ‘0’ so I set it to 256 .
Am i missing out something ?
Do I need to assign one more port dedicated to telemetry ?

If you are using TBS nano, you need to connect the pin Channel Out 1 to some Rx (on my F765 I am using Rx7) and Channel Out 2 to some Tx on the same UART (I am using Tx7). The best is to use DMA UART, I do not know, which one is it on F405-WING. For Inav I have found this UART mapping below, so try 4 or 6.
Then you will need to set in the transmitter’s TBS agent/script the right receiver’s output: CRSF TX on output 1 and CRSF RX on output 2. The corresponding Serial in AP put to 23, the RC_OPTIONS you have already right.

1 Like

Thanks a ton for the explanation, But unfortunately, in my case RC works when I select crsf on the RX channel immaterial what I select in the Serial tab, it could b Mavlink (2) or CRSF (23) but telemetry doesn’t .
Not sure what the issue is . I even tried with Matek F 405 wing with another Nano Rx still the same , RC works Telemetry doesn’t.

Trying hard to get to know where the issue lies

And do you have both Rx, Tx (CRSF) on the nano connected to the controller? Which UART are you using?

Yes to the first question , and accidentally I removed the RX pin and still the RC was working .
On my Matek I am using Uart 5
And on the Racerstar Nano Uart 2

Do you have also Mavlink connected to the receiver and set RC by Mavlink to ON?
Maybe try to connect CRSF to UART 2:

Also watch this video:

Hey !
Thanks a ton for the refrences ,
Have already done that,
I could get telemetry in the discover sensor tab, but cannot get yaapu to work.
Still trying will update
Thanks again
Regards

Hello!

Thanks for the help guys,
Finally I could get Telemetry to work with CRSF .
But I am yet to get those values on the Yaapu Telemetry screen .
Am Using Omnibus F4 with the latest stable firmware, 4.1 , TBS Crossfire Nano.
I have connected UART 3 to Nano Chanel 1and 2 and set those Chanel to CRSF Tx, Rx in the Lua .
Now an getting RC to work and Telemetry values on the Telemetry Tab, but not in the Yaapu Screen which still shows no Telemetry.( I have enabled the CRSF support in Yaapu Config )
What could be the reason and solution.

Edit : I can just get the GPS coordinates on the Yaapu Telemetry screen nothing else.

Regards
Dr Nayeem